Who Shoud We Select at # 4?

Mind Character

Who Shoud We Select at # 4 (Colts Plz Win)?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Shoud We Select at # 4 (Assuming the Colts don't Screw Us)?

• DE Bradley Chubb, NC State
    • CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
    • RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
    • Trade Down Baby!!
    • SS/LB Derwin James, Florida State
    • CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
    • WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama
    • Other

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

He’s better at everything except size and physicality. He won’t win by disrupting receivers like Marshon he is going to win with better positioning, mirroring and athletically. He is more of a Dieon Sanders or Darrell Green type. Marshon is like Sherman or Revis.

Haden went 6th and Gilbert 8th.  Ward is on a different level in a draft that doesn’t have as many Top 10 talents as most. I think 4-7 is where he goes.

At 6’0 195, Lattimore was a 4.36 40 guy at the combine. He killed the combine as a whole. He was on another level. I like Ward, just don’t see him as an elite-level prospect like you. He’s not a guy I’d take top 7, but I’ve been wrong before. I think he is better than Eli Apple but not Marshon Lattimore. He’s more of a guy I’d take to be a good starter if we traded down and got a lot in return.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

At 6’0 195, Lattimore was a 4.36 40 guy at the combine. He killed the combine as a whole. He was on another level. I like Ward, just don’t see him as an elite-level prospect like you. He’s not a guy I’d take top 7, but I’ve been wrong before. I think he is better than Eli Apple but not Marshon Lattimore. He’s more of a guy I’d take to be a good starter if we traded down and got a lot in return.

The talent in this years draft isn’t as good as last years imo.

Lattimore is a top 6 player in this class and I think the argument can be made Ward is as well.

Id be open to taking a top flight CB it is our biggest weakness outside of QB.

I like Barkley cos he appears to be a generational talent. 

I think RB's are worth it if you think they are going to be a guy that pushes 2,000 yards from scrimmage each year, which is what barkely could be. 

Minkah Fitzpatrick is not a FS

Someone show me some video that suggests he is....or even some where he plays that position at Alabama...

The best FS in the draft is Justin Reid or Jordan Whitehead, Travyon Henderson, Ronnie Harrison or Deshon Elliott.

Minkah never plays FS...he plays box SS, nickel corner/S exclusively for Alabama...more than 96% of his snaps.

Ronnie Harrison plays FS for Bama.

Why would Nick Saban a former defensive backs and safeties coach play one of his best players at Srong Safety and use him in that role and as a chess piece nickel/corner exclusively?

Because that is what he is best at.

He doesn't range in the deep post and his skill set is not as a deep safety.

If we draft him, then we would be drafting him as a boundary CB and nickel box safety.

That means we'd still have to address the FS position.

I love Minkah but if we draft him...it does not address our safety problem.

48 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id be open to taking a top flight CB it is our biggest weakness outside of QB.

I like Barkley cos he appears to be a generational talent. 

I think RB's are worth it if you think they are going to be a guy that pushes 2,000 yards from scrimmage each year, which is what barkely could be. 

I thought Fournette, Zeke, Gurley, etc were all generational talents too?

Either folks love hyperbole or a generation is roughly 12 months.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought Fournette, Zeke, Gurley, etc were all generational talents too?

Either folks love hyperbole or a generation is roughly 12 months.

Gurley is my highest rated RB since AD. 

Generatonal might be the wrong word, but Barkley will be the best prospect since AD or Gurley IMo.

But i know nothing really.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Gurley is my highest rated RB since AD. 

Generatonal might be the wrong word, but Barkley will be the best prospect since AD or Gurley IMo.

But i know nothing really.

“Best rb since AP” is thrown around literally every year.

Not by you per se, but it’s a common phrase.

After watching our pass defense today, I don’t know how we don’t draft a cover corner or DB with that pick. Our pass coverage is absolutely non-existent. In fact, if we could sign Cousins, what would be wrong with Fitzpatrick at 1and the Ohio State corner at 4?  Our pass defense is sad sack. Of course, our pass rush is a figment of our imagination, too. So any help there would be appreciated as well. 

Archived