GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

4 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

My biggest fear moving forward is I just know Mularkey is itching to hurry back an injured Murray for 20+ carries. 

I have that slight fear as well, but I just cannot imagine someone could be that stupid. If it happens, I'm jumping right on and leading the fire Mularkey train.

Eric Decker is a fullback. He's a slow possession reveiver who can't catch.

I saw somewhere on Twitter saying Mariota called the majority of the plays following the 1st quarter? If that is true Robiskie is all but already fired.

Malarkey's job was likely saved by some guys making plays. I normally don't put too much stock into rumors, but the FO had more than a week to reassure him about the rumors and we nor Malarkey heard anything. I honestly think his job was on the line and Robinson wanted McDaniel's to pair with Mariota. 

Even if we lost, I just don't think you can fire him. I really don't want to extend him, but we have to bring in a new OC. Now he has the first playoff win in 14 years for this franchise and it's impossible to fire him. We dont stand a chance if we get NE, but it was good ti get a lot of these guys a playoff win. I think it does something for you as a player to experience that success.

I am still not against CB in RD 1 of the draft. Yes, we have Jackson and Ryan now, and both have played well, but we also have a 3rd CB on the field almost the entire game. It's basically a staring position. Ryan is essentially our nickel. Maybe we can't justify a RD 1, but early for sure. With zero attractive edge rushers in RD 1, it makes it sound good to me.

Did anyone notice we tried to run that PA across the dield play we used to do woth Fasano with Eric Weems as the primary receiver down at the goal line?

Mariota is a freaking monster. Watching on TV you can't always see whats going on down the field, but a lot of the time our WRs just don't get open. The interception looked like he might have assumed it was man coverage and it was cover 3 and he didn't see Peters. There were several plays we ran that i don't think should be in the playbook.  Just period. But if he wasn't making a play downfield, guys just weren't open. Other than the miss to Corey Davis on the little go bubble route or whatever its called he was really accurate. He is and always has been a franchise QB. The offense we run has just let him down. We also need more speed outside. Decker rarely separates. Mathews is already a possession WR and hes the better of the two and even more physical. No room for both as starters.

Henry is a manimal. Enough said. Idk what is but I think he loves getting 9 yard carries. Seems like so many end up going for that much. We ran the exact same play with him so many times and it just kept working. They were trying really hard to prevent Mariota from running the option and it took a guy out of run defense because of it. Mariota's legs, even when he wasn't the one running it, were absolutely huge in this game.

I thought we were going to get steamrolled. Not only were we losing but there we really no signs of life from any aspect of our team before halftime.

Adoree Jackson makes bad decisions trying to field punts. Can't do what he did, ever. 

Early in the game the conservative draw play on 2nd and 20 followed by the 4 yd pass on 3rd and 20 really pissed me off. No drive at all.

I want to congratulate guys. Your team showed some character yesterday, coming back from such a 1st half and turning it around in the 2nd half. As a Chiefs fan it's obviously pretty disappointing but i felt your team was the team that wanted the win more and therefore definitely deserved to win the game. I wish u good luck in the next round.

Seeing the bench reaction, especially the defensive vets, after the Mariota block warms my heart on this cold morning.

The stakes aren't' as high (yet) but Mariota's play the last couple weeks reminds me of McNair in the 99 Playoffs. They didn't put up the sexy stats but they made the clutch plays, with their arm and leg, when we most needed. That was also when McNair officially grabbed the mantle as our franchise QB and leader of the team. I feel it's the same thing with Mariota currently.

I saw someone ask what the difference was between the 1st and 2nd half and thats the thing...I think we started dominating the game after they went up 14-3...it just didn't show up yet in the scoreboard.

I think THE ULTIMATE turning point was at one point in the opening possession coming out of halftime I could hear/see Peters talking trash to Davis and Matthews...and I think that was a mistake. You get better play out of both those guys and all of a sudden Delanie/Decker/Jonnu have more opportunities...and that drive seemed like it took so much time off the clock. It was very gritty...and the ultimate play was Marcus pass to himself. It was almost like you knew it would be difficult but really we had no trouble moving the ball or stopping them from there on out. It was like that was the game. Even if you count the missed FG as being good...we still go into overtime from those two 2pt tries assuming we kick the XP and make them. 

Man, so much to like about yesterdays game... And so much to dislike.

- I hope any Mariota doubters are now seeing what we see. He will do anything in his power to makes us better and get that win. It may not always be pretty, like his stats this year, but he'll never give up. He is our qb, he is our captain, he is our leader.

- Maybe now I can shut up about Henry. Still uncomfortable with him pass blocking, identifying and picking up blitzers... But what a freaking beast with the ball in his hands. Him and Mariota on that read option are a deadly duo... Defense is dammed if you, dammed if you dont.

- I still think Matthews has to be hurt. How is Mariota looking for Decker that much more than Matthews?

- Decker... Thanks for that great catch to put us in the lead.... Bit dude, enoughs enough. No drops the rest of the way. Mariota trusts you for whatever reason... Do your job. And by the way, another great blocking game. On more than one occasion I did notice him blocking in the backfield... Like wtf, what kinda scheme play call puts your receiver blocking DL?

-Robiskie, thanks for taking naps throughout the game, but please stop waking up and messing with the flow. I know that stupid as crap call one th 1st 2-point conversion was yours. WTF... For the love of all that is holy, just stop. If I'm Mularkey, I disconnect the mic... Remember when our younger brother wanted to play a console game with us and we'd give him an unplugged controller. Yeah, do that!

- Spain!!! Someone lit that fire finally. He looked like he was playing for his job as well. I'm still not comfortable giving him $25M+, but maybe JRob can work something much more team friendly in.

- LeBeau!!!!!!! Putting your D aside after that lackluster start and shutting them out in the 2nd... You wonderful old man, you!!! I was sure the D was going to be a liability all year, especially the pass d... We just didn't get you the pieces I thought you needed to give us a playoff worthy d... And here you are, having them playing high level playoff defense. I salute you sir!!

- Byard and Ryan were invisible... Respect from a good offense.

- Jackson... Let's just chalk it up to 1st game jitters. Trying to cover Tyreek is a nightmare, and he won some battles... But you settled down in the 2nd half. That muffed punt though? Unacceptable... But its past... Don't do that again.

- So happy for Casey in his first playoff game... You were a beast bro!!! Rak, you were right next to him, forcing Smith up the pocket almost every pass play in the 2nd half... Great game from both of you.

- Sly... Thanks for showing up and making some plays in the middle. I still dont understand the signing nor contract, but we need 3 more games of you showing up and playing like last night.

- Austin Johnson continues to shine in that starting role... And may have made Jones expendable this off season. Having both in the rotation would be amazing though.

- Cyp... I hate that Kelce went down. But we dont win if Kelce plays the whole game. Maybe Lebeau's adjustments would have worked on Kelce, but Kelce leaving more than likely helped the adjustments. You still miss too many tackles Cyp... That's supposed to be your strength... But youay have had the 2 biggest hits/defensive plays in the game. And I still haven't seen a replay that shows me Kelce recovered his fumble. Logic itself tells you there's no way he could have possessed anything after that hit, guy had no idea where or who he was. For all the crying about Marcus' no call fumble, this one is just ad big... A neutralizer if you will. That it wasn't even reviewed is a disgrace to the replay assistant.

- Kern... That first punt was amazing... You all All Pro, you. The 2nd, what ha happened?! I didn't notice you after that... Maybe it was the beers building up, but it was probably you just doing what you've done all year.

I'm probably forgetting a lot... But thatsbwhat stands out a day and all those beers later. Man, the fan club here got up to about 30 people for this game. It was great, wish I would a recorded some of the reactions... Never have I heard that kinda roar from a group of 30. Id recommend you all go watch in that kinda environment... Its great!

Archived