GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

11 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Ima have to watch when I get home, had to record it.. I saw some of the highlights and seemed like Henry was running way harder

He was, you could definitely tell he was really trying to finish people off...think there was a play he rammed some linebacker or CB back like 4-5 yards while another defender dragged him down.

If the worst-case happens, and Robiskie is retained, I have to admit that I'm encouraged by the amount of up-tempo offense we've been running these last few weeks. It's clear that Mariota is extremely comfortable getting the team to the line, reading the defensive formation, and making adjustments from there. If we had run this style of offense all season, I can all but guarantee that we wouldn't have been on the road this week in the first place.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

There is this though. If we don't come out going up-tempo next week, I'm going to start drinking real early.

Also... Seeing that we will either be playing the hoodie or the Steelers, they might want to take the game out his hands some, so he doesn't get confused. But again...it looks like he doesn't need their handcuffs.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Also... Seeing that we will either be playing the hoodie or the Steelers, they might want to take the game out his hands some, so he doesn't get confused. But again...it looks like he doesn't need their handcuffs.

Honestly, I'm far more concerned about the coaching staff trying to read and react to a defense than I am Marcus. We have one first down and zero scores on our first possession over the last five games, that tells me a lot about the ability of the offensive staff to properly prepare and read defenses. If they can't do it in six days, I'm not sure I trust them to do it in six seconds.

And a ton of credit needs to be given to LeBeau and the entire defense. Obviously the offense came up big in the second half, but we aren't winning this game if the defense didn't step up huge and shut them out in the second half. Just a massive effort all the way around. Also can thank Andy Reid and Matt Nagy for inexplicably abandoning Kareem Hunt in the last two quarters.

Just now, titans0021 said:

And a ton of credit needs to be given to LeBeau and the entire defense. Obviously the offense came up big in the second half, but we aren't winning this game if the defense didn't step up huge and shut them out in the second half. Just a massive effort all the way around. Also can thank Andy Reid and Matt Nagy for inexplicably abandoning Kareem Hunt in the last two quarters.

Lebeau, he pulled them to the side and they stopped them pretty much after that talk.  

I think we've really found something with the uptempo offense that we've been running the last few weeks and have been clamoring to run more of all year. I commend Mularkey/Robiskie for actually being flexible enough to see what Marcus thrives at and letting him run the show. I really think how we've been running it is money too. It's not exactly the same as Chip Kelly's up tempo offense in the sense that we're not trying to get as many plays off as possible throughout the game, but we're running it in such a way that we're up tempo enough to still get the defense on their heels but also control the clock by allowing Marcus to get up to the line and make calls/audibles based on the defensive formations.  We basically took up half of the 3rd Quarter today running up tempo, so the defense still got their rest, we controlled Time of Possession, and we rattled the defense. So, it's kind of the best of both worlds.  I just pray that we continue to stick with it next week.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

LeBeau has shown why he's the greatest DC ever the past two weeks. He might not be at the top of his game anymore, but when we've needed him to scheme up stops these past two games, he's come up huge. I would like to see what he can do if we get him some secondary depth and a pass rusher this off-season.

Archived