2018 FA Targets, QB Options, & Team Needs

Mind Character

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So does Duke Johnson.

I mean yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I like Duke as much as anyone.  But if your going to compare Duke Johnson to a WR who averages 100 receptions a year and over 1000 yards a season in his first four years where the defense knows they are going to him, I think you are really overrating Duke...

All that said why wouldn't you want them both on the same team.  An honestly Jarvis has been better over his career getitng open which is something our WR's have struggled with....

14 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I mean yeah.  Don't get me wrong, I like Duke as much as anyone.  But if your going to compare Duke Johnson to a WR who averages 100 receptions a year and over 1000 yards a season in his first four years where the defense knows they are going to him, I think you are really overrating Duke...

All that said why wouldn't you want them both on the same team.  An honestly Jarvis has been better over his career getitng open which is something our WR's have struggled with....

Is Landry better? Sure, but there’s a point of diminishing returns and I think Duke is a really good slot WR.

As far as the numbers, he’s been force fed the football and played with far better QB’s than we’ve had here, so it’s hard to compare his numbers to Duke.

For me, I think we’re fine when it comes to guys who can play the slot, whether it’s Duke, Coleman or even Njoku/DeValve, I think we need some guys who can win 1:1 on the outside and who don’t need to be schemed open. I’m not sure Landry is that guy, but I have a feeling he’ll be paid like he is.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a side note, I wouldn't hate it if the Browns did something like this:

Browns trade a 6th rounder

Jaguars trade a 2nd rounder

AND

Blake Bortles

Feel free to take your shots fellas. I can take it.

It sounds like they’re rolling with him next season, which, unless they get Cousins, is probably the right move.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It sounds like they’re rolling with him next season, which, unless they get Cousins, is probably the right move.

Honestly, I think Bortles is under-rated and wouldn't mind this at all.  Not sure why Jags would move on from him after steady play in the post-season (not to mention a TON of cash to sign his replacement in Cousins) so I doubt they do it.  But if Bortles was in play, I'd be cool with it.  

12 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

Honestly, I think Bortles is under-rated and wouldn't mind this at all.  Not sure why Jags would move on from him after steady play in the post-season (not to mention a TON of cash to sign his replacement in Cousins) so I doubt they do it.  But if Bortles was in play, I'd be cool with it.  

Yeah he gets crapped on more than he should.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For me, I think we’re fine when it comes to guys who can play the slot, whether it’s Duke, Coleman or even Njoku/DeValve, I think we need some guys who can win 1:1 on the outside and who don’t need to be schemed open. I’m not sure Landry is that guy, but I have a feeling he’ll be paid like he is.

Yeah, we need to get another outside threat (I think we should draft one + sign Pryor to a 1 yr F.A. deal) so Coleman can move into the slot, where he'd be best suited. With him and Duke,  slot is taken care of.

5 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Yeah, we need to get another outside threat (I think we should draft one + sign Pryor to a 1 yr F.A. deal) so Coleman can move into the slot, where he'd be best suited. With him and Duke,  slot is taken care of.

For Coleman to work, he must 1st be out on the field consistently.  Currently our number two option if/when he isn't is a RB.  Higgins could be a possibility, but overall I'd still tap it as a need.  Meh ~ we should just wait til GB cuts Jordy Nelson and sign him. He may not be the outside threat he once was but he could still do damage from the slot.  He (just a hypothetical) would be the kind of still-productive veteran presence player that this team is currently lacking.  

14 minutes ago, StewieRules said:

For Coleman to work, he must 1st be out on the field consistently.  Currently our number two option if/when he isn't is a RB.  Higgins could be a possibility, but overall I'd still tap it as a need.  Meh ~ we should just wait til GB cuts Jordy Nelson and sign him. He may not be the outside threat he once was but he could still do damage from the slot.  He (just a hypothetical) would be the kind of still-productive veteran presence player that this team is currently lacking.  

IF he’s want to play here, sure.  I’d imagine at this point in his career he might want another crack at a ring, but I guess it’s possible.

47 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I don’t know if we need to move CC to the inside. Just need a QB who can get him the ball. Him and Kizer looked pretty good with the connections they had before the injury. Browns just need better depth and schemes that help out. Give me JG CC Landry and Duke. Those guys would do work. Yes Landry has made his living out of the slot but what he was asked to do made him so valuable to Miami. It would be nice to see a guy who could give the browns a consistent threat of catching the ball and someone who can work the middle of the field. 

29 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

ruh roh

So the Skins have a QB in place before the trade window opens up, and the Broncos are about to have a F.A. QB in place before free agency starts. Since dates and deadlines don't matter anymore, does that mean we can just draft Darnold now and squash all of the heartburn I'm having at the prospect of drafting Allen?

Archived