2018 FA Targets, QB Options, & Team Needs

Mind Character

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Smart move on their part. I honestly can't figure out what's taken them so long to come to that conclusion. May as well try to start a bidding war. That's better than the compensation pick that they'd get IMO.

Yeah but I wonder how that will effect the Browns going after him. It was all gravy when it was just throwing big bags of money-- now they have to throw all-time money and high draft picks.

Not saying they don't have both of those in abundance, but it will really test how much the Browns really want him. I'm afraid that if they were not 100% sold on him as their #1 target, this just probably tilted the possibility of Cousins in the other direction.

Another Note---- Alex Smith was just on Dan Patrick Show and they asked him about playing for the Browns. He laughed and said 1-31 sort of jokingly and he would prefer to be traded to a contender.

Soooo in the last 30 mins the top 2 FA QBs just got a whole lot more dark for the Browns. Might have to settle on McCarron + Darnold (which isn't bad)

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can someone please tell me why the Redskins haven’t just signed him to a long term contract if he is one of the greatest qbs in the league?  I mean they have an extraordinarily rare commodity sitting right in their front lawn. Why is there a for sale sign up right in front of his minivan with him in it?  Did he tell them he won’t play there? 

20121216_pjc_ss4_003.0.jpg

My my money is on this idiot.  I’ll let you figure out which idiot I’m referring to.

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah but I wonder how that will effect the Browns going after him. It was all gravy when it was just throwing big bags of money-- now they have to throw all-time money and high draft picks.

I'm sure A LOT.

Not saying they don't have both of those in abundance, but it will really test how much the Browns really want him. I'm afraid that if they were not 100% sold on him as their #1 target, this just probably tilted the possibility of Cousins in the other direction.

Unfortunately, I've always felt like Cousins, trade or no trade, stack of money or no stack of money, has always been a bit of a pie in the sky pipe-dream that I've personally been all for.

Another Note---- Alex Smith was just on Dan Patrick Show and they asked him about playing for the Browns. He laughed and said 1-31 sort of jokingly and he would prefer to be traded to a contender.

Honestly, who can blame him? He's been in the playoffs A LOT, been an injury away from starting in a Super Bowl, and he's not a spring chicken in his early to mid 30s. His window is starting to close. He wants to win now.

Soooo in the last 30 mins the top 2 FA QBs just got a whole lot more dark for the Browns.

He isn't a free agent. He's still under contract in KC one more year.

Might have to settle on McCarron + Darnold (which isn't bad)

McCarron would require draft capital and so would Smith. Give me the guy that just passed for 4,000 yards and almost 30 TD while not turning it over much at all, who has playoff experience and has had to digest (successfully most of the time) almost 10 different playbooks/offensive systems. That's assuming that the price is comparable, which I believe it will be.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

20121216_pjc_ss4_003.0.jpg

My my money is on this idiot.  I’ll let you figure out which idiot I’m referring to.

I had to toss a coin at first, but then realized letsgo is probably just tricking me. Welp back to work bagging groceries ?

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can someone please tell me why the Redskins haven’t just signed him to a long term contract if he is one of the greatest qbs in the league?  I mean they have an extraordinarily rare commodity sitting right in their front lawn. Why is there a for sale sign up right in front of his minivan with him in it?  Did he tell them he won’t play there? 

Blinding flash of the obvious for all those with Cousins love.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

A top tier CB and safety would go a long way to improving this defense.

Fuller would be my pick at CB, he’s a few years younger than the rest of them. Boston would be a good fit for what we need.

Landry is overrated imo, but we need WR’s bad enough I almost don’t care.

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

How do people already know this!? Lol sports reporting is so weird. 

Writers connects with FO people and agents. They get inside info and have enough smarts to never reveal their sources cause then no one will ever talk to them 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Writers connects with FO people and agents. They get inside info and have enough smarts to never reveal their sources cause then no one will ever talk to them 

Agents also feed them questionable info as well I’m sure to help feed a narrative that benefits their clients.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A top tier CB and safety would go a long way to improving this defense.

Fuller would be my pick at CB, he’s a few years younger than the rest of them. Boston would be a good fit for what we need.

Landry is overrated imo, but we need WR’s bad enough I almost don’t care.

Hes a slot receiver, but SUPER reliable hands, and nice YAC.  Maybe a little overrated? sure! but he would do wonders to give our QB an underneath safety blanket.

Archived