Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Highsmith is interviewing for an "Assistant GM" title in CLE. Would that be considered a lateral move? 

He is a Senior personnel exec. Basically runs one region of scouting from what I can tell. So yeah, a big promotion.

However, I would think Dorsey would be looking for a strong cap/relationship guy for his assistant GM considering what happened in KC, not another personnel guy...

10 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Opposite ends of the spectrum - you can either be part of a long tradition, or you can be the foundational block of a new tradition (which is what the Texans gig is, in essence). 

Folks are wired differently. You take pride in the longstanding tradition you've joined, I take pride in being involved since day one when they unveiled the logo. Neither of us are wrong or right, neither really hold weight over the other.

The Packers GM gig has been called the best in the NFL by a few different talking heads the past few days.  Part of the reason for that is that there is no meddling owner .. the other is that the QB is in his prime and one of the best players in the game.  It's a plum job.  I would think the Texans job would be appealing though as well.

Just now, Haha21 said:

This is going to be the most exciting off-season that we've had in quite some time. I am excited, nervous, and hopeful. Bring on 2018!

ditto. I haven't been this excited for an offseason in a long time. Not sure I ever have since I've only been watching football for 10 years. 

Between our personnel search, our draft picks, and Cleveland's draft picks, I can't wait

Just now, Haha21 said:

I wonder if John Schneider is a candidate for GM? He's been on record saying it's his dream job.

John Schneider has the experience, but I think we have our Schneider in either Wolf or Gutekunst. Same school of team management etc. Obviously not saying they would be as good.

But yeah I could see John being interested considering he was here for a while

6 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

John Schneider has the experience, but I think we have our Schneider in either Wolf or Gutekunst. Same school of team management etc. Obviously not saying they would be as good.

But yeah I could see John being interested considering he was here for a while

He's my top choice .. rather have a guy who has actually done the job than someone who hasn't.  His drafts of late have been less than sparkling, but he's also had some championship level drafts that helped bring home a title.  Add him to a front office that still includes Ted Thompson, and maybe one or two of Wolf, Gutekunst, Ball, and Highsmith and I think we'd have one of the best front offices in the NFL.  I sure wish Dorsey had been more in the loop .. might have held off on taking that Browns gig.  He would have been a strong option as well.

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers GM gig has been called the best in the NFL by a few different talking heads the past few days.  Part of the reason for that is that there is no meddling owner .. the other is that the QB is in his prime and one of the best players in the game.  It's a plum job.  I would think the Texans job would be appealing though as well.

No doubt, the GM gig in Green Bay is probably the top gig. Texans gig isn't too far back...

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Apparently the board of directors told Murphy to remove TT from the GM position. TT has had some incidents over the past year that may indicate some type of dementia. 

If the team was concerned about dementia, ect why would they keep ted around? The team is not a charity/ nursing home.

Archived