Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Did we though? Only when Bahk came back. And still I would argue everyone was quick to blame a Hundley for the sacks and line issues. When in reality the oline was just bad this year.

As for the defense they lost Avril, Sherman, Cancellor and Wagner was fighting injury. Cancellor and Avril likely have career ending injuries. Take out that many playmakers of course the defense will struggle.

I cannot disagree more with this statement.  Yes, there is a drop off from the preferred starters to Justin McCray, who did much better than probably anyone of us expected.  It is not the fault of the o-line when the QB abandons a clean pocket.  Hundley put the team in adverse situations quite often because he regularly took sacks that a top 20 QB avoids most of the time.

13 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Lane Taylor played pretty well at LT when asked to. Taylor, McCray and Patrick all UDFA all proved they belong. 

Also, I'm giving no pass on injuries. Nobody got a pass when we lost Franklin, Finley, Collins, and Shields to career ending injuries. And that's just the career enders...

Not giving a pass on the injuries just acknowledging their affect (like Rodgers to this team)... and unlike the ones you mentioned all the ones I did for Seattle happened THIS SEASON. No GM is or should expect 4 of his main 11 defenders and 3 of his 5 stars to be injuried.

They aren’t afforded enough resource in the rules to

1 minute ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I cannot disagree more with this statement.  Yes, there is a drop off from the preferred starters to Justin McCray, who did much better than probably anyone of us expected.  It is not the fault of the o-line when the QB abandons a clean pocket.  Hundley put the team in adverse situations quite often because he regularly took sacks that a top 20 QB avoids most of the time.

And I could say Russell Wilson hurts his oline, like Rodgers does, like Big Ben does does, like Cam does...all hold onto the ball too long and take chances.

My point is and was the oline still struggled with Rodgers playing... Falcons, Seattle, Minnesota and Panthers games all stick out in this regard. But I think most give them a pass because of injuries and Hundley... so I was just giving Seattle a pass because they have had injuries consistently to their oline over the years, similar to how our secondary has been injured.

But if “injuries aren’t an excuse”... then the oline didn’t get it done. Same as Hundley, same as the WRs.

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hangs out with Pete Carroll.

Yeah, this should be the first reason why I wouldn't want that goofball.

#2 he has been terrible drafting for a while.

Maybe he would fix your guy's running situation by sending Jones and Williams away, drafting more decent runningbacks, then trading them away to let you guys play with scrubs.

They seems to like to do that.

7 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Not even sure I’d want Schneider. He’s kinda had one of the all-time greatest drafts, and nothing since. Bad trades. Hangs out with Pete Carroll.

That and how much credit do you give Schneider for player acquisition or drafting.  My understanding is that Carroll, especially early on had final say in all personnel matters.  

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Not even sure I’d want Schneider. He’s kinda had one of the all-time greatest drafts, and nothing since. Bad trades. Hangs out with Pete Carroll.

Like I said in the NFL news thread, the thought of Ted working with Schneider excites me. Teds good instinct, try-hards don't cut it on an NFL defense, whereas Schneider's hit rate on pass rushers is about like ours at WR. 

Schneider's downfall has been he cant hit on an OL there, Ted's multi-position, college OT, focus on agility style drafting for OL has worked very well here.

His trades need to be toned down though, I want no part of dealing our day 1-2 picks.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

I also don’t believe any of the rumors regarding people being bent about Russ Ball. 

Why would anyone make those up? Makes too much sense to me for it to not be true. Perfect avenue for Aaron/Mike to stir the pot without facing any sort of consequences. 

Archived