Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Pretty much agree with most of this.

Here's my favorite part:

Forget Dez Bryant; he’s not a good fit for the Packers. But there will be several veteran receivers on the street sometime between now and the end of training camp who may be worth looking at.

lol

8 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I figured that went out the window when we drafted three WRs...

Beyond this season, most likely. However none of those guys are going to take Allison’s job easily especially early on. Going to take time for Aaron to build chemistry with those guys. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I know this one was in jest, but Hali hasn't been relevant in like four years.  At best, he's Ahmad Brooks all over again.

I picked the worst of the guys with name value. I know someone on another site who brings him up weekly though. He even wants him to start lol.

He has an unhealthy obsession with barwin too. And he so clearly knows nothing about him. He talks about him like he's Kevin Greene

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Beyond this season, most likely. However none of those guys are going to take Allison’s job easily especially early on. Going to take time for Aaron to build chemistry with those guys. 

I'm not as extreme as @Cadmus but I really don't think he belongs on the field as the other boundary guy. If the staff truly believes he does, I might have to go dark side. 

I'll throw this in too though. If I'm signing Dez I'm really not worried about Adams getting mad or losing out on a day 3 player not making the 53. Though if you're already on the edge going we probably shouldn't pass that probably helps you pass.

Edited by NormSizedMidget

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Here's my favorite part:

Forget Dez Bryant; he’s not a good fit for the Packers. But there will be several veteran receivers on the street sometime between now and the end of training camp who may be worth looking at.

lol

Why I said "most" ;);):D

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Why I said "most" ;);):D

Yeah I know lol. I skimmed it once than read it all and I didn't notice it until the second time.

I'm definitely intrigued who might be cut soon though. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Here's my favorite part:

Who said that? 

Golden Tate, Rishard Matthews, Jermaine Kearse, Demaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson, Emmanuel Sanders, Nelson Agholor, Braxton Miller, Doug Baldwin, Keenan Allen, Mohamed Sanu, Laquon Treadwell.

Those are the best SURPRISE cut candidates at the WR position.  I could definitely see one of them getting cut.  Overpaid, new coaches, rookie replacements, injury history... Those are the best candidates for surprise cuts at WR that could possibly help us. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Golden Tate, Rishard Matthews, Jermaine Kearse, Demaryius Thomas, DeSean Jackson, Emmanuel Sanders, Nelson Agholor, Braxton Miller, Doug Baldwin, Keenan Allen, Mohamed Sanu, Laquon Treadwell.

Those are the best SURPRISE cut candidates at the WR position.  I could definitely see one of them getting cut.  Overpaid, new coaches, rookie replacements, injury history... Those are the best candidates for surprise cuts at WR that could possibly help us. 

Keenan Allen almost had 1400 yards last year, he’s not getting cut.

• Like 1

Just now, pollino14 said:

Keenan Allen almost had 1400 yards last year, he’s not getting cut.

Yep, looked at spotrac wrong.  Potential out is next year, not this year.  If he has another injury this year, he's probably getting cut next year. 

I personally don't see it with Sanu.  Dude has never had an 800 yard season or a 6 TD season.  He's averaged 524 yards, 3.3 touchdowns, 46 receptions and 11.3 yards per reception over his career.  He hasn't been playing with crap quarterbacks either.  Dalton and Ryan (as bad as people make Dalton out to be) have both been top half quarterbacks in this league.  Sanu's best season he had 56 catches for 790 yards and 5 touchdowns.