Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Packers was historically bad at Lambeau field in playoffs. I still dont know why players all the time talk as if we are locked in if opponents come to Lambeau. Combine that with packers are historically bad coming of regular season or playoffs bye as well.

Truly speaking I like packers @Dallas or @LA, since Aaron jones goes into a God mode on those kind of track and our preparation will be sharp. It takes off pressure tremendously from Arod. 

Only on TB, we have HFA. 

Historically is probably the wrong word in this context, you should change it to lately. Their first playoff loss at home in franchise history came in 2003, prior to that Falcons game the Packers were 13-0 in playoff home games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Uneven is for sure.  Stafford has thrown multiple picks in a number of games in a row now.  OBJ helps them big time and other teams folding have helped them.  Having them come to GB in our weather, I'll take our chances again.

Does it not get cold in Baltimore?....Wasn't it 40 degrees at Lambeau against TB in our last playoff game?....

3 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Does it not get cold in Baltimore?....Wasn't it 40 degrees at Lambeau against TB in our last playoff game?....

Talking Rams.  AND it doesn't get zero wind chill in Baltimore and the GB/Tampa game last year was 29 degrees.  29-40 degrees isn't cold in Wisconsin, that's golf weather.  I'm talking zero and below ... NOBODY likes playing in that weather, especially warm weather teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Historically is probably the wrong word in this context, you should change it to lately. Their first playoff loss at home in franchise history came in 2003, prior to that Falcons game the Packers were 13-0 in playoff home games.

Good point Gravedigger

The best home playoff records belong to the Packers (23-6), Patriots (23-5), 49ers (23-9), Cowboys (21-9), Raiders (19-5), Broncos (17-5), Dolphins (15-7), Eagles (15-8), Vikings (14-8), Washingtons (13-6), Bills (12-3), Seahawks (12-3) and Colts (12-6).

19 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Talking Rams.  AND it doesn't get zero wind chill in Baltimore and the GB/Tampa game last year was 29 degrees.  29-40 degrees isn't cold in Wisconsin, that's golf weather.  I'm talking zero and below ... NOBODY likes playing in that weather, especially warm weather teams.

"Uneven is for sure.  Stafford has thrown multiple picks in a number of games in a row now.  OBJ helps them big time and other teams folding have helped them.  Having them come to GB in our weather, I'll take our chances again."

I stated GB really had no clear advantage over TB because the weather wasn't that cold....And your reply was "29-40 degrees isn't cold in Wisconsin, that's golf weather".....A statement which furthers bolsters my point...So why should this have an affect LA?....And more importantly, how can you bank on the weather being colder than it was last year?....

53 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

"Uneven is for sure.  Stafford has thrown multiple picks in a number of games in a row now.  OBJ helps them big time and other teams folding have helped them.  Having them come to GB in our weather, I'll take our chances again."

I stated GB really had no clear advantage over TB because the weather wasn't that cold....And your reply was "29-40 degrees isn't cold in Wisconsin, that's golf weather".....A statement which furthers bolsters my point...So why should this have an affect LA?....And more importantly, how can you bank on the weather being colder than it was last year?....

It's frickin January.  Being that warm last year wasn't "normal" by any means.  It was -35 wind chill 2 days ago.  I'll bank on it being closer to 0 this coming January than 30 degrees.  Just sayin, I'll take a warm weather team in January any day and take the chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Don’t forget the guy he and Rodgers have both thrown a touchdown to, Ruvell Martin. It will be interesting to see if he moves up the coaching ranks.

Speaking of packer players turn coach… anyone else double take when they show Al Harris on the cowboys sideline.

Just now, Green19 said:

Speaking of packer players turn coach… anyone else double take when they show Al Harris on the cowboys sideline.

Didn’t see that but he had been a DBs coach in STL. MM brought in Joe Whitt Jr. as well as some of his old Pittsburgh yinzers on offense.