Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

No, he just tried to get Schefter and Mortenson to report that Thompson is gay in the hopes that public pressure would force him to resign. 

Never heard that one...but if they didnt actually report it (good for them.....) - then the entire matter died there far as I (or the public) is concerned. Interested to know how this info came out then?  Who leaked that one?

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually I've not forgotten - either conveniently or otherwise.

Favre certainly became more of a Diva as time wore on. No doubt...but as BK mentioned a short while ago, he voiced his concerns (other than retiring....not retiring....retiring....not retiring....) in a relatively quite way. It wasnt as upsetting to the entire team and the team didnt become an OBSESSION of the national media - much like AR let happen.

AR waited till his "I'm back" presser - or perhaps even after - before he put the kabosh on all the media crap that was circulating for months.

Sorry - but that's on AR in my view. It was unnecessary and counterproductive.

AR publicly expressed his views to try and end his career in GB, and from the looks of it, it worked. Favre expressed his views to try and get out of GB. 

I don't see how you can call the one where the player most likely stays here as the "unnecessary and counterproductive" one. I think GB was very business like and Ball, Gute and Murphy probably come to more of a realization that there's a human element from Rodgers. Don't see anything wrong with that. 

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Maybe Cobb too. :/

Although he was just blastin off on DMT with Rogan for 12 days during his cleanse. 

Yep, my focus isnt on Rodgers, its on Adams.   Its Adams right to make as much as he can, but IF there is heat to be sent in this situation, Adams is where it should focus.  JMO

Edited by NFLGURU

Just now, Packerraymond said:

AR publicly expressed his views to try and end his career in GB, and from the looks of it, it worked. Favre expressed his views to try and get out of GB.

Not sure the difference between "AR publicly expressed his views to try and end his career in GB - Favre expressed his views to try and get out of GB."

Reads like the same thing to me.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Yep, my focus isnt on Rodgers, its on Adams.   Its Adams right to make as much as he can, but if there is heat to be sent in this situation, Adams is where it should focus.   

But again.......wouldnt knowing how much AR is gonna cost help the team figure out the roster/salary considerations necessary in order to tag Adams?

3 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

I'd assume because the hysterical mob on twitter who has probably never read it were told to hate it. Anything that is labeled or associated with conservative thought or with views of self reliance and personal responsibility is basically Mein Kampf. 

It was written by Ayn Rand and is an instantiation of her philosophy called Objectivism. Objectivism is basically a take what you want no matter who you hurt attitude. She held up as her perfect "super man" a psychopath who raped and dismembered a woman, because he took what he wanted. I don't need to be told to hate that. Ayn Rand was a sick person. 

• Like 5

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They know what Rodgers will cost, that's been discussed for 12 months now. 

You're presuming he's accepted a number for his contract (?) or they've given him multiple scenarios of his contract based on bringing back others? 

In a more holistic way - doesnt his number change based on the other roster spots?

AR said he doesnt want to be part of a rebuild - well - basis those other contracts and the ability to afford them.......

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

But again.......wouldnt knowing how much AR is gonna cost help the team figure out the roster/salary considerations necessary in order to tag Adams?

Not if Rodgers is flexible to adapt his contract to what Adams gets.  I think he wants a good contract for Adams, its his buddy, but it depends on what Adams wants.  If hes stuck on 30 mil, thats a problem.   

Rodgers mentioned today its the first day for teams to tag a player, and mentioned Adams specifically.   Once the tag is placed things will move.  

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're presuming he's accepted a number for his contract (?) or they've given him multiple scenarios of his contract based on bringing back others? 

In a more holistic way - doesnt his number change based on the other roster spots?

AR said he doesnt want to be part of a rebuild - well - basis those other contracts and the ability to afford them.......

Despite what some think here, Rodgers is well aware of the cap, and how is salary and contract affects it. I'm sure he and the brass have had discussions about what the make-up of the team would look like under different scenarios. I'm sure Adams situation was part of those scenarios as well. And based upon how that communication has evolved, I'm sure those conversations won't be leaked anytime soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

People who regularly use the phrases "my truth" and "your truth" are justifying their behavior 100% of the time.

I try to make 'my truth' THE truth and not my opinion. A lot of younger folks don't know the difference. 

Rodgers is a prick and that is THE TRUTH! Diva like Favre!