Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Idk why the Pat part is important, I'm saying I wouldn't believe it if Aaron said it into my own two ears. It doesn't mean I think he's lying for sure, I have no idea. But I don't accept everything he says, especially knowing it would go public, as absolute truth. I'm not that naive, and this isn't just a Rodgers thing. This is a human beings thing.

Again use logic here.  If he does indeed want 50 million a season why then would he turn around and deny it?  Has that ever happened?  No because it doesn't make any sense.  You don't make a salary demand and then turn around and deny it.  Part of the reason Rodgers does McAfee it to set the record straight.  Story was typical clickbait bull****.  We'll find out shortly what he does sign for...whether it's with the Packers or someone else.  

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Again use logic here.  If he does indeed want 50 million a season why then would he turn around and deny it?  Has that ever happened?  No because it doesn't make any sense.  You don't make a salary demand and then turn around and deny it.  Part of the reason Rodgers does McAfee it to set the record straight.  Story was typical clickbait bull****.  We'll find out shortly what he does sign for...whether it's with the Packers or someone else.  

I don't think the 50 million thing was ever true. But I don't really think I need to explain why people might lie publicly any further if you don't already get it. Maybe he never said that to Greg, but once again, you absolutely don't know for a fact he didn't unless you want to let all the criminals in prison that swear they didn't do it either out too. 

If everything everyone says it's true, why did Jennings say it.. Face it, you only think it's a lie because you don't want it to be true, nothing more. 

Edited by Norm

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

IDK man, Jennings was a monster, and that was with an Aaron Rodgers who tried to spread the ball around.

He put the team on his back!  ha ha ha...he was really good. Especially after the catch.  DaVante is a HOF type player.  On another level. Only Packer receiver that could compare in my 50 years of watching the Packers was Sterling Sharpe.  Didn't care for Adams coming out and wanting to be the highest paid receiver in the league.  (30 mil/yr) No denials on that one Norm.  Because it's true and he said it. 

As good as he is think that would be a bad move.  He's 29 now not a young guy.  I wouldn't lay out the kind of cash for him or any other receiver.  Don't trust he'll stay healthy either.  I'd tag and trade him.  That would be the smart play.  He's following in Jennings footsteps.  Don't think any team will pay a WR the kind of cash he's looking for. 

17 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He put the team on his back!  ha ha ha...he was really good. Especially after the catch.  DaVante is a HOF type player.  On another level. Only Packer receiver that could compare in my 50 years of watching the Packers was Sterling Sharpe.  Didn't care for Adams coming out and wanting to be the highest paid receiver in the league.  (30 mil/yr) No denials on that one Norm.  Because it's true and he said it. 

As good as he is think that would be a bad move.  He's 29 now not a young guy.  I wouldn't lay out the kind of cash for him or any other receiver.  Don't trust he'll stay healthy either.  I'd tag and trade him.  That would be the smart play.  He's following in Jennings footsteps.  Don't think any team will pay a WR the kind of cash he's looking for. 

IDK man, there was a 4 year period where an injury in the last season just barely kept Jennings out of the 5000/4 year club. 

There's an entire "What If" universe regarding whether Greg Jennings stays healthy in 2012. 

6 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Do we know anyone would actually trade for him though.

You are trading for the rights to sign him. If he wants more money than anyone wants to pay, what are those rights worth ? Whoever signed him would be paying more than they probably want to pay - and they are giving up picks for that privilage.

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Do we know anyone would actually trade for him though.

You are trading for the rights to sign him. If he wants more money than anyone wants to pay, what are those rights worth ? Whoever signed him would be paying more than they probably want to pay - and they are giving up picks for that privilage.

I'd think at least a 2 and a 4.  His salary demands are a problem you're right.