Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure what this means but okay, guess we dipped a toe.

Not sure Robinson was an upgrade over Woods. Woods is a heck of a blocker and Robinson doesn't seem to be interested in that part of the game from what I've seen. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure Robinson was an upgrade over Woods. Woods is a heck of a blocker and Robinson doesn't seem to be interested in that part of the game from what I've seen. 

A move for Woods didn't make a lot of sense to me unless we could restructure his deal. His cap hit this season is like $13m and only goes up from there the next few years.

Woods has the route running skills our WR group sorely lacks right now but that's why guys like Olave and Metchie would be great fits and a lot cheaper. Route technicians.

29 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

A motivated Allen Robinson is an upgrade over Woods IMO.

47 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A move for Woods didn't make a lot of sense to me unless we could restructure his deal. His cap hit this season is like $13m and only goes up from there the next few years.

Woods has the route running skills our WR group sorely lacks right now but that's why guys like Olave and Metchie would be great fits and a lot cheaper. Route technicians.

One of the outlets somewhere stated that the Rams sold cheap to the Titans to make sure he didn't go to GB or TB. Doubtful that the Rams would have traded him to GB regardless of their level of interest. 

6 minutes ago, R T said:

One of the outlets somewhere stated that the Rams sold cheap to the Titans to make sure he didn't go to GB or TB. Doubtful that the Rams would have traded him to GB regardless of their level of interest. 

That sounds like speculation.  I think they were more interested in just getting value out of him.  They clear money off their books, and get some draft compensation in return.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That sounds like speculation.  I think they were more interested in just getting value out of him.  They clear money off their books, and get some draft compensation in return.

Sure it is, like about 80% of the stuff floating around the internet. It's only as good as the speculating source that it comes from.  

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It sounds like common sense to me.  The Rams sent Woods to TEN for a 2023 RD6 pick.  I think there is zero chance LAR would have sent Woods to GB for a 2023 RD5 pick.

• Like 1