Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I can see him being put on the PUP list for the first 6 weeks of the season.

The timetable for full recovery is typically 9-10 months on the short end to a year on the long end. Reports are that Tonyan suffered a clean ACL tear and even Huber reported that he could be back practicing in TC. That time table fits because November - August is 10 months. The regular season doesn't even start until mid-September so that's 10.5 months by Week 1. I can't see Tonyan ending up on PUP. I could see him maybe miss 1-2 games to start the season, but I think he'll get activated during camp.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The timetable for full recovery is typically 9-10 months on the short end to a year on the long end. Reports are that Tonyan suffered a clean ACL tear and even Huber reported that he could be back practicing in TC. That time table fits because November - August is 10 months. The regular season doesn't even start until mid-September so that's 10.5 months by Week 1. I can't see Tonyan ending up on PUP. I could see him maybe miss 1-2 games to start the season, but I think he'll get activated during camp.  

That would be awesome, but we know the Packers always error on the side of caution. 

Totally different subject. I wonder how Bak's knee is doing? 

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I agree but Baks showed us anything can happen. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I agree but Baks showed us anything can happen. 

I really thought we would have seen Bak early off of the PUP, most people did. He still has to prove he’s not slowed down by the injury but hopefully acl injury is not the hinderance that it used to be. Hope that Bobby is a fast healer along with Kylin Hill who will probably start on the PUP but gives us some flexibility later in the season. He was one guy I was really excited to see and would have gotten more opportunities later in the year. 

Edited by Refugee

15 hours ago, packfanfb said:

FWIW, Tonyan got injured basically a few days before Winston. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

FWIW, Tonyan got injured basically a few days before Winston. 

I'd like to know if any of these players have tried the newer "bridge" ACL surgery?  It's been approved by the NFL is supposed to cut the recovery time in half as compared to the standard ACL surgeries.

TITLΣTΩШΠ RΣIGΠ -  I personally just don’t see the infatuation with drake London. What does he do that Allen Lazard doesn’t?

• Peter Bukowski -  He’s quicker, has better body control, wins more often with route running and is better after the catch. I’m Allen Lazard’s biggest fan and think he’s better than basically everyone outside his family, but London is a better prospect by plenty.

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd like to know if any of these players have tried the newer "bridge" ACL surgery?  It's been approved by the NFL is supposed to cut the recovery time in half as compared to the standard ACL surgeries.

where the ACL is torn is a big factor in that as an option.   From my understanding, there needs to be a "stump" on the tibia end that is long enough.  1 study criteria was 50% of the length remaining.

Tear and Repair/ Ski Canada Magazine

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Leader said:

TITLΣTΩШΠ RΣIGΠ -  I personally just don’t see the infatuation with drake London. What does he do that Allen Lazard doesn’t?

• Peter Bukowski -  He’s quicker, has better body control, wins more often with route running and is better after the catch. I’m Allen Lazard’s biggest fan and think he’s better than basically everyone outside his family, but London is a better prospect by plenty.

I think his pro day is tomorrow.  I'm sure their will be plenty of reporters and team officials there to take a look at him if he runs.  I'm expecting a 4.55 - 4.60 time in the 40 if he does run.

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree with all of this, but I don't want London lol. Unless he really surprises me with his speed, I still want the Packers to go with guys like Olave, Pickens, Metchie over him. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Agree with all of this, but I don't want London lol. Unless he really surprises me with his speed, I still want the Packers to go with guys like Olave, Pickens, Metchie over him. 

I think he's a good player .. maybe a true #1, but there are a lot of contested catch/jump ball stuff that he does that doesn't seem to fit with us.  I want a couple receivers that can really separate.  We need more speed.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

I agree with the Greek letter guy.  I just am not seeing top prospect with Drake London.  

Allen Lazard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN80IjNd5w8

Drake London https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqMi9KNu7MA

Rick Astley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oeWHngDS4

Not that he isn't going to be good.  I just don't see the difference between first rounder and UDFA in that tape.  And I can't help but think part of it is that one went to Iowa State while the other went to USC.  But I guess my opinion and a dollar will get you, well, what does a dollar buy now?

• Like 2

I caught a clip yesterday of Tom Pelissero saying the Packers have been making calls around the league in regards to lining up a deal for another receiver.  I wonder what they have their sights on .. wonder if they will be surprising us with a fairly significant addition in the very near future.