Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Good luck winning the SB with a roster of mediocre players because you've traded all your good ones to avoid paying them.

Outpost lives in the Madden world of cap management and not the real one, so that tells me all I need to know.

All - hyperbole. Definitely would trade those who want to take the market up by 40-50%. IE: Adams, and now possibly Alexander. 

Seems like you believe the bill we keep pushing down the road will never come due. That is simply not factual. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

All - hyperbole. Definitely would trade those who want to take the market up by 40-50%. IE: Adams, and now possibly Alexander. 

Seems like you believe the bill we keep pushing down the road will never come due. That is simply not factual. 

Alexander isn't going anywhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Alexander isn't going anywhere

He can easily play on the deal he has. It will, unfortunately force us to make a couple of fewer moves. He could get tagged next year if they can't work it out as well.

My point, I'm not paying guys who want to take the market up 30-50% from where it currently sits. It's bad business. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

He can easily play on the deal he has. It will, unfortunately force us to make a couple of fewer moves. He could get tagged next year if they can't work it out as well.

My point, I'm not paying guys who want to take the market up 30-50% from where it currently sits. It's bad business. 

In two years the deal he signs this summer will look like a steal. This is not black and white. The cap is very much a grey area now especially with the new TV deal coming. The only thing we need to be concerned with is if the Packers spread out the Rodge hit when he retires or if they bite the bullet at one time. 

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

In two years the deal he signs this summer will look like a steal. This is not black and white. The cap is very much a grey area now especially with the new TV deal coming. The only thing we need to be concerned with is if the Packers spread out the Rodge hit when he retires or if they bite the bullet at one time. 

Our are betting on the come. I prefer a more conservative approach to the cap. It seems to be the thing to do now but it will catch up to people. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Our are betting on the come. I prefer a more conservative approach to the cap. It seems to be the thing to do now but it will catch up to people. 

When will it finally catch up to N.O. ? This is about the rest of the Rodgers contract. The Packers won't be doing what they have done for the next 20 years. This is very much about the now. That being said, that doesn't stop a well run organization from keeping their stars. I.E. Alexander, and soon Gary. You handle the Rodgers cap hit when it comes and reset, but you don't stop keeping your stars and improving the team because you are afraid of an imaginary number. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Adams did not take the market up that way anywhere other than appearance.

If Jaire wants 30 a year and it's actually 3/67, we should jump all over that.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Adams did not take the market up that way anywhere other than appearance.

If Jaire wants 30 a year and it's actually 3/67, we should jump all over that.

If you are extending him, let's keep him for 5 years. If he wants 5 for 110, I'm good with it. I'd prefer contracts guys can play til the end and the teams can make that work in years 4 and 5. I know that isn't the norm these days.

I'm not for spending money on the come. I keep hearing about 'the new deal'! A lot of things can happen in the next few years before we get there. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If you are extending him, let's keep him for 5 years. If he wants 5 for 110, I'm good with it. I'd prefer contracts guys can play til the end and the teams can make that work in years 4 and 5. I know that isn't the norm these days.

I'm not for spending money on the come. I keep hearing about 'the new deal'! A lot of things can happen in the next few years before we get there. 

A word I dont see getting bandied about around here is "guarantees" - it's all the rage with NFL players now and it was a contributing factor on why Davante moved on. GB (supposedly) wouldnt offer the contract guarantees he was looking for. True or not....I've no clue.