Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, craig said:

Refugee, between Gafford and Chris Blair, who's your guy?  :):)

Well Gafford was brought in for ST so he gets a plus there, but I see Blair went to Alcorn State so he gets the DD longshot nod of approval. (I actually do like Winfree as a longshot, as well). Any of those guys would be fine, on the PS. 

Edited by Refugee

20 hours ago, craig said:

Refugee, between Gafford and Chris Blair, who's your guy?  :):)

A little information for those that obsess about meaningless 40 times, Rico Gafford ran a 4.23/40 at his college pro day in 2018. Is he the guy that is going to take the top off of defenses in the 2022 season? Or maybe it is Chris Blair who runs in the 4.4's and averaged over 21 yards per catch his final season at Alcorn State, who is mentored by fellow Alcorn State Alum Donald Driver.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  Don't expect Rodgers to participate in anything except mandatory minicamp this offseason, per Tom Silverstein.

This is a big offseason for Love, as he needs all the work he can get.  Maybe we will finally 'know' if he is going to have what it takes.  Hopefully he shows up with full command of the offense.  There really should be no excuses this time around .. sink or swim.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  Don't expect Rodgers to participate in anything except mandatory minicamp this offseason, per Tom Silverstein.

59 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This is a big offseason for Love, as he needs all the work he can get.  Maybe we will finally 'know' if he is going to have what it takes.  Hopefully he shows up with full command of the offense.  There really should be no excuses this time around .. sink or swim.

I can’t get past the pay wall. It apparently there is some good info in here and GB is willing to listen to offers for Love (if there are any). Wants 2nd rounder

27 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Did you read it then? I haven’t known Silverstein to speculate often

Yeah .. I read it.  He's speculating in regards to a trade market for Love and what the Packers would want for him.  When it comes to Love's performance he said the Packers were pleased with his preparation and the way he handled the offseason workouts last year, but that he seemed to shrink a bit when Rodgers returned.  The Packers want to see more leadership and command from him at all times.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. I read it.  He's speculating in regards to a trade market for Love and what the Packers would want for him.  When it comes to Love's performance he said the Packers were pleased with his preparation and the way he handled the offseason workouts last year, but that he seemed to shrink a bit when Rodgers returned.  The Packers want to see more leadership and command from him at all times.

I'm probably being too soft, and yes, it is a business and not a charity, but if Rodgers plays even 2 more years, if not 3, then that really sucks for Love. If the Packers wanted to do right by him, I'd hope they'd be trying to trade him for a 2nd rounder to a team that is willing and able to give him a shot at starting sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

I'm probably being too soft, and yes, it is a business and not a charity, but if Rodgers plays even 2 more years, if not 3, then that really sucks for Love. If the Packers wanted to do right by him, I'd hope they'd be trying to trade him for a 2nd rounder to a team that is willing and able to give him a shot at starting sooner rather than later. 

I think they're open to it. I don't think teams will offer a second until they see what happens day one of the draft though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

It was the same thing the year before when they went with a gimpy Rick Wagner at RT and moved Turner to LT. They could have left Turner at RT, Jenkins at LT and played Runyan at LG, where he played very well in reserve roles. Sigh. 

Let's hope that if we're down an o-lineman or two come playoff time this year that they learn from the past.