Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's just damn weird how much this 12 saga mirrors 4's. Ready to move on to the protégé after 3 seasons, potentially trading the HoFer to NYJ and the protégé handling business with all class. Can't wait to do this again in 15 years...  

If Jordan Love's career arc is "SB, multiple MVPs, semi-messy exit from GB" I am perfectly content with that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Rodgers is saying, "hold my two fingers of scotch and watch this!" 

He actually could do this to screw us out of draft picks this year. 

I know we like to think of him as a vindictive ****, but he has said he'd work with the Packers if they wanted to move on.  Let's cut him some slack until he actually fooks us over.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I know we like to think of him as a vindictive ****, but he has said he'd work with the Packers if they wanted to move on.  Let's cut him some slack until he actually fooks us over.  

That's fair, just laying out what could happen. 

I still don't rule out the Raiders swooping in and stealing him from the Jets. I'm actually thinking he could retire which is bizarre because I never thought that was a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That's fair, just laying out what could happen. 

I still don't rule out the Raiders swooping in and stealing him from the Jets. I'm actually thinking he could retire which is bizarre because I never thought that was a possibility. 

I want the draft picks, but retirement is probably the Packers preferred option in some ways.  They wouldn't have the added pressure of Aaron possibly lighting it up for some other team. They would be able to have a happy press conference send off and a passing of the torch to Jordan Love. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

If Jordan Love's career arc is "SB, multiple MVPs, semi-messy exit from GB" I am perfectly content with that. 

I mean if we pull it off three times in a row, doesn’t every QB in the draft want the 3 year benching followed by being the biggest star in American sports short of Brady?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

I mean if we pull it off three times in a row, doesn’t every QB in the draft want the 3 year benching followed by being the biggest star in American sports short of Brady?

The careers of Allen, Burrow, Herbert....and Mahomes for that matter......run counter to the 3 year rule.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want the draft picks, but retirement is probably the Packers preferred option in some ways.  They wouldn't have the added pressure of Aaron possibly lighting it up for some other team. They would be able to have a happy press conference send off and a passing of the torch to Jordan Love. 

I'm not that sentimental, give me the draft picks please! LOL

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

That's actually an interesting scenario. If Love fails, we get Rodgers back. If Love succeeds, we can still trade Rodgers. I kinda like it.

The whole thing could have been avoided if Aaron just would have said .. listen I want to play football until I can't go any longer.  Packers would have said .. fine, you're our guy let's go!   He had to start talking retirement and working less.  That's the beginning of the end. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The whole thing could have been avoided if Aaron just would have said .. listen I want to play football until I can't go any longer.  Packers would have said .. fine, you're our guy let's go!   He had to start talking retirement and working less.  That's the beginning of the end. 

If he retires, he will miss the attention and money and I think there is a good chance he will be back in 2024.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If he retires, he will miss the attention and money and I think there is a good chance he will be back in 2024.

We will still own his rights, so maybe there will be more interest next year.  I'm not sure what his contract would look like post retirement?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The careers of Allen, Burrow, Herbert....and Mahomes for that matter......run counter to the 3 year rule.

Allen didn't come on until year 3.  Burrow Year 2.  Herbert pretty good as a rook.  Mahommes rode the pine for a year then lit it up smart move by KC.  Love was raw and needed the time to develop.  I'm of the camp of not starting rookie QB's.  Let them sit for at least one year.  Depends on the player and how quickly they develop.  Think young QB's being drafted by lousy teams get forced to play before they are ready often bust out.  Thought Lawrence was headed in that direction before last season.  They brought in Peterson which probably saved his career.  What do you think Josh Rosen's career would have been like if the Packers had drafted him?  That poor dude never had a chance. 

• Like 1