Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody know what week the Packers are having rookie minicamp?

• May 5-8 or May 12-15: Rookie minicamp

It is May 5th and 6th. 

Edit: My bad, I was looking at dates for 2022. Guessing the 2023 dates will be released at any time here soon, as of now it is listed as TBD.  

Edited by R T
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

It is May 6th and 7th. 

Edit: My bad, I was looking at dates for 2022. Guessing the 2023 dates will be released at any time here soon, as of now it is listed as TBD.  

OK but the two groups of dates are the ones for 2023. IF it is a two-day camp then it will fall within those dates. Guess we should know soon when it will be conducted since it is so close. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

The gameplan.........

The Irony of this whole deal is Ron Wolf was the Personnel Director for the Jets in 1991 and wanted to draft Favre. The Falcons took him at pick 33 and Wolf went with Browning Nagle with pick 34. How history would have changed had the Falcons passed on Favre, a guy who Jerry Glanville did not want his GM to draft. 

• Like 1

I think tomorrow is decision day on Jordan Love's 5th year option.  It would be surprising if they don't pick it up.  They almost need to look at it like it's a two year run now as starter for Jordan Love, so go ahead and pick it up now, and later this year if he looks like the real deal you work out an extension and lessen the 2024 cap hit.  Seems simple, but if he stinks it up this year you'd hate to be on the hook for 20 mil next year.  He's going to be decent though, so pick it up.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

So...I'm curious.

On the suck scale, 0 being no suckage at all, 10 being Dyson like in suckage, where does Gute fall now, after the draft and before the Jordan Love Option / deal?

Prior to the trade/draft, I'd have to say he was probably a 3 or 4 on the suck scale.  He scored major suckage points with the most recent Rodgers deal and for not addressing the WR earlier when Rodgers was here.

Then he dealt Rodgers and while he didn't get "Wilson and a first", he got quite a bit.  Won that trade and got that awful contract off of the books.  Then he went out and drafted solidly with the future in mind, not just this coming year.

Thinking he is now a 1-2 on the suck scale.  Jordan hits this year and it's a zero for me.  Jordan doesn't hit and then that score is going to rocket up higher.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I don't think that's accidental.

Out of respect though those will be the last numbers to go this year .. might not be given out this year either.  I'm okay with bringing all three back, but as of now they would all have to work for peanuts.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Out of respect though those will be the last numbers to go this year .. might not be given out this year either.  I'm okay with bringing all three back, but as of now they would all have to work for peanuts.

Gute says he has left the door open for Amos. And Crosby may be the only option if the young kickers don't work out. But Lewis?