Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Does anyone watch locked in Packers? WHY THE **** DOES THE GUY CALL HIM RUSSELL DOUGLAS? Is that really how it's pronounced? I've heard him do it at least 100 times so I assume that's how Douglas wants it or is this guy just wrong?

I don't know .. bugs me too.  It's so obviously Ra-Suuuul!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

To me, the source is Taylor's agent, who mentions GB because he knows GB would never confirm/deny trade rumors.  Thing happens all the time in FA.

I doubt GB was involved in the discussion.

Probably trying to get Chicago to panic and cough up a first rounder,  like they did with Claypool when they heard GB was interested.

• Like 1

Hard to read the Taylor situation. He could be on the PUP list because he's struggling to recover from surgery. He could be on the list because he doesn't want to be on the field until he gets a new contract. I don't think either scenario makes me want to give up much to get him. That said, acquiring him isn't a totally crazy idea given that it's certainly possible that Aaron Jones and/or Dillon won't he here next year.

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:
The Packers are releasing ILB Tariq Carpenter, according to a source. That's one of the moves to make room for a waiver claim.

The Green Bay Packers claimed defensive back Zayne Anderson from Buffalo Bills and tight end Ben Sims from Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday.

Releasing Carpenter was the right move here. I don't see it with that guy personally. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The Green Bay Packers claimed defensive back Zayne Anderson from Buffalo Bills and tight end Ben Sims from Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday.

Sims makes sense. Cheap and a good blocker. 

Anderson makes no sense to me. He's a safety who really can't play safety and would be ST only. Which is basically what our safety room is already composed of lol. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Sims makes sense. Cheap and a good blocker. 

Anderson makes no sense to me. He's a safety who really can't play safety and would be ST only. Which is basically what our safety room is already composed of lol. 

He's never played a regular season snap on defense. 110 snaps on ST. Packers must really like his ST play. He's over 26. Hope he can relate to the young guys. 

3 minutes ago, R T said:

I'm beginning to think there is some nepotism involved with Owens still being on the roster, because that guy just is not very good and has zero upside to his game. 

Not sure you know what nepotism means.

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them jobs."

Who on the Packers is close to Owens?