Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I just really dislike Benkert and his whole post-playing career persona, so it makes me think he’s largely full of it and just trying to get attention. If you’re on Tyler “Ninja” Blevins’ live stream, I don’t think you’re a serious person. 

Tbh, I was not aware that's what he was doing these days or anything about it. Interesting...

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I spent almost 15k on TMS for a family member. Glad he’s attempting to get help. Among the worst money I ever spent. Success rate isn’t great. Based off his need to post on social media while getting treatment, it’s not the football that did it. I bet he sues the NFL at some point anyway.

9 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Greatness always appreciates other greatness. Get back to me when gamertag “UDFA QB3” collects every dollar Mixer has knowing it’s gonna fail. Benkert out there jumping coat tail to coat tail.

Just in general I hate the idea that just because you were QB3 or whatever that means you don't know football or can't have any of your own takes. Lots of UDFA QBs types who have jobs in pro or college.

On top of that what you do as a hobby outside doesn't reflect who you are at your job.

People catching feelings because he had a harmless opinion (not here necessarily, just what I've seen on Twitter and ****) is just over the top to me. 

This is like when Jennings or Finley said some **** and everyone lost their minds. It's about as bad as when your guy doesn't make the ******* pro bowl like it cost you the Powerball jackpot.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

Just in general I hate the idea that just because you were QB3 or whatever that means you don't know football or can't have any of your own takes. Lots of UDFA QBs types who have jobs in pro or college.

On top of that what you do as a hobby outside doesn't reflect who you are at your job.

People catching feelings because he had a harmless opinion (not here necessarily, just what I've seen on Twitter and ****) is just over the top to me. 

This is like when Jennings or Finley said some **** and everyone lost their minds. It's about as bad as when your guy doesn't make the ******* pro bowl like it cost you the Powerball jackpot.

Yep.  The suggestion that being the QB3 equates to not knowing football is just a stupid and lazy thought.  That being said, Benkert should probably be providing some details on these "better ways to play offense" if he's going to talk trash about what MLF is doing.  Right now, he sounds very much like someone with spurned-ex syndrome.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Norm said:

People ripping him for being a gamer is kind of weird too. Have any of y'all met an 18-30 year old? Do you think players just sit and stare at their playbooks all day/night/offseason?

Edited by Striker

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  The suggestion that being the QB3 equates to not knowing football is just a stupid and lazy thought.  That being said, Benkert should probably be providing some details on these "better ways to play offense" if he's going to talk trash about what MLF is doing.  Right now, he sounds very much like someone with spurned-ex syndrome.

I'm sure he hates all the run action **** and wants to throw 50 times just dropping back and reading yada yada. Dude threw the ball about as much as QB in college his final year of college. (Which doesn't mean he was good at it before I have to read that reply)

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

People ripping him for being a gamer is kind of weird too. Have any of y'all met an 18-30 year old? Do you think players just sit and stare at their playbooks all day/night/offseason?

It's what they "expect." We just had one of the weirdest personalities at QB in the NFL who will sleepwalk to the HOF as well.