Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Myers should be a plus run blocker at C, and he is when he gets engaged, too many whiffs though. Jenkins is also a plus run blocker when healthy. Runyan is definitely a pass pro over run block guy and Bakh is too (although Bakh is a league average run blocker). 

Roster construction is fine, Myers and Jenkins need to play better, and Nijman needs to play LT.

Right Nijman played his best at LT. I’d move Tom to center to be better up the middle but then what do you do at RT… Jones? Walker?  What difference does it make now. I’d go with Jones or Ealker at RT, mix in Rhyan at RG on occasion and see what we have. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Myers gets more hate than he deserves, but he is an average center at this point, which is a bit annoying for being the first center off the board ahead of the consensus #1 center, who is an All-Pro.

Average at best. Is he better at OC than what Walker or Jones would be at RT though?

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is why I gave up on him @Packerraymond

I mean then Watson, Savage, Alexander, Campbell, Jones, Doubs, all need to be given up on too. 

I'm usually one of the last guys to just post the "fire the training staff!!!" but this year they deserve a lot of grief with the setback that we've had from guys coming back from injury.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean then Watson, Savage, Alexander, Campbell, Jones, Doubs, all need to be given up on too. 

I'm usually one of the last guys to just post the "fire the training staff!!!" but this year they deserve a lot of grief with the setback that we've had from guys coming back from injury.

Was Stokes pushed back with Jaire being out? Jaire out bumps CB up a notch and a replacement gunner in Stokes

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm losing a lot of excitement for Watson. Both because of his availability and his inability to make contested catches. 

I gave up on Savage, too. He's a nothingburger.

I think Jaire is overrated, but I think he's been more available than Stokes and is of course better too.

Campbell? Weird one. He's typically very available and good. Ditto on Jones and Doubs

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm losing a lot of excitement for Watson. Both because of his availability and his inability to make contested catches. 

I gave up on Savage, too. He's a nothingburger.

I think Jaire is overrated, but I think he's been more available than Stokes and is of course better too.

Campbell? Weird one. He's typically very available and good. Ditto on Jones and Doubs

Campbell missed 4 with a soft tissue last year, this year it was ankle, then re-aggrevation of the ankle.

Doubs missed last year with a soft tissue, had the same injury this year, just got lucky that the 4 weeks happened on preseason/week 1.

Jones has had hammys a bunch in his career. Hasn't been able to play or have a normal workload since week 1.

If anything Stokes is the odd one to include in here, he broke his foot, this is the first soft tissue I can remember with him.

https://lombardiave.com/posts/eagles-kevin-byard-trade-packers-failed-01hdf9trmkbk

Thanks Guter, you got the safest job in sports after Lance Stroll.

I'll forever laugh if anyone utters the phrase all-in related to this team with a straight face regarding the late Rodgers window. I don't want this cotton headed-nittymuggin fat faced midge-widgeon steering any part of whatever Packers future comes of this.

But he will, and it will be a decade of nothing, since his succession plan to Rodgers was somehow a half decade + of evaluation, meanwhile those with skin to lose get on with their jobs of making their team better today, and every day... Make a mistake? Fine, fix it... Or don't like Gute, cuz why would you if you were him.