Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Even more evidence that the "defense has carried us" mantra is basically meaningless. We've been playing a bunch of nobodys all year, most with poor QBs/offenses. 

you mean the ...Fields, Ridder, Carr, Goff, Garoppolo, Wilson, Cousins ... isn't top tier?? 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know the line calls either. I know Myers is playing really well in pass pro, and is the only OL on the field that gets movement in the run game. He whiffs way too much, but is the whiff because he effed up or because one of his guards did? That I cannot tell you.

Okay. Was just looking for your assessment. I'm not an OL guy...but the clips I've seen....havent been flattering IMO.  Gute also praised Walkers work.....not that I'd expect him to publicly trash anybody (coach or player).

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

you mean the ...Fields, Ridder, Carr, Goff, Garoppolo, Wilson, Cousins ... isn't top tier?? 

Goff and Cousins stand out amongst that group and they pretty much did what they wanted against us, especially on 3rd down. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay. Was just looking for your assessment. I'm not an OL guy...but the clips I've seen....havent been flattering IMO.  Gute also praised Walkers work.....not that I'd expect him to publicly trash anybody (coach or player).

Packers fans always need a whipping boy, right now it's Myers.

@AlexGreen#20and I are on the same page with Myers, I've got too much 15 month year old on the move in my house to spend time taking the NFL+ tape and convert it to GIF but maybe he can sometime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

There are so many bad QB's right now.  Gives some hope that the turn around could happen pretty quickly if our QB isn't one of them.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

But the guys here and on Twitter who don't watch film or know the line calls tell me he sucks?

So like, yeah, like Gute is going to come out and say, the center I drafted on the second round just before Creed Humphrey sucks. 

That would cement his position in Green Bay.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

@AlexGreen#20and I are on the same page with Myers, I've got too much 15 month year old on the move in my house to spend time taking the NFL+ tape and convert it to GIF but maybe he can sometime.

Have fans even been that hard on Myers? I think this narrative has largely been created out of nowhere. I know there's been some discussion about it, and the consensus seems to be that he's been very good as a pass blocker, maybe average as a run blocker and his biggest problem is that he has too many "whiff" plays. That about sums it up right? 

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Congrats on the "consumer of time" in your life. That's a good thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Have fans even been that hard on Myers? I think this narrative has largely been created out of nowhere. I know there's been some discussion about it, and the consensus seems to be that he's been very good as a pass blocker, maybe average as a run blocker and his biggest problem is that he has too many "whiff" plays. That about sums it up right? 

I'll admit that my viewpoints or perspectives have been colored by more than a few less than flattering video clips - together with a less than robust OL performance in those games that I've actually seen live.

I dont hold that those video clips tell the whole story however - and in the live games, it's often difficult to single out individual performances along the OL/DL.

Edited by Leader