Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yes. Yes they have. Good solid chunk of people believe he has no business starting. Take a stroll through that twitter post of Gutes comment just for a little hors d'oeuvres de dumbass.

Guy has stiffness through his hips which limits his cod and counters/some of the more agile guys are going to get him from time to time. But there's worse weaknesses to have as a center.

Absolutely can't have the whiffs. We all agree. Needs to keep his guy in front of him. 

Creed wasn't the kind of center we were looking for, Josh was. They play the same position and have different responsibilities.. one of my biggest gripes with PFF other than they're judging things they're guessing on. Creeds not moving guys, he's damn good at getting guys blocked but everyone should see we what we were going for.

And yes I'd take Creed right now as well but that's how things shook out.

That is a very, very good write up on Myers vs Creed.

Expanding on it....Myers has it all in front of him to be an elite center.  He just needs to stop whiffing.  I don't know if getting a better guard next to him would help, or if he just needs to thinks less and play more, but he's an enormous man playing guard and he has some very serious athletic skills.

I think he's so large and so athletic that he could be moved elsewhere on the line and thrive in more of a "heads up" blocking position.

To be fair, he's been a very weak link on our line so far, especially in the run game.  But it isn't like there aren't very real physical skills to that kid.  

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That is a very, very good write up on Myers vs Creed.

Expanding on it....Myers has it all in front of him to be an elite center.  He just needs to stop whiffing.  I don't know if getting a better guard next to him would help, or if he just needs to thinks less and play more, but he's an enormous man playing guard and he has some very serious athletic skills.

I think he's so large and so athletic that he could be moved elsewhere on the line and thrive in more of a "heads up" blocking position.

To be fair, he's been a very weak link on our line so far, especially in the run game.  But it isn't like there aren't very real physical skills to that kid.  

I think he's probably talented enough to be a pretty good center, but maybe the fundamentals have lagged a bit and it's led to him and others like Jenkins and Runyon struggling as well,  They just don't seem to be on the same page with one another very often.  I think when you have formerly pretty good players struggling you kind of have to point the finger to coaching a bit.  I'm not sure on Walker .. could be part a lack of talent and a lack of good coaching.  He was pretty solid his first few games, and then once teams got some tape on him he started getting exploited.  Tom on the other side has been the best of the bunch.  I'm surprised they haven't moved Tom to LT yet.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Good.

Because I'm absolutely certain that Josh Myers is not playing "really, really, really well" right now

They could have asked him how Rasheed Walker was playing and he would have said I think he has a really bright future in this league.  He's going thru some of that stuff you do as a first time starter, but has been doing a fine job.

LaFleur (calling McCarthy after Sunday's loss): Hey Coach, got a problem. Having my first losing season and I'm getting asked questions I've never had to answer before to explain some of our struggles. I know you had some experience in that department late in your career here, any advice? 

McCarthy: "Just answer every question with 'we need better pad level.'" 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

LaFleur (calling McCarthy after Sunday's loss): Hey Coach, got a problem. Having my first losing season and I'm getting asked questions I've never had to answer before to explain some of our struggles. I know you had some experience in that department late in your career here, any advice? 

Maybe they can start stacking success and get a W.

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Don't forget "funamenows".

• Like 1