Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Eternal said:

How did Chmura only have 13yds?

Edit: I always viewed him as so much better being a kid, but after looking at his stats, there is a lot to be desired

My recollection is that he was guy who as a rookie couldn't block at all. That obviously changed, but early on he probably wasn't on the field much. Packers still had Jackie Harris and Ed West in 1993. 

For a franchise as old and successful as the Packers, we really have a lack in the TE department.  We have lots of WRs, QBs, OL, and RBs.  Not so much on the TE.  

The best TE we have had is most likely Paul Coffman.  He had 5 seasons over 500 yards.  Ron Kramer and Jermichael are pretty close.  After that, we don't have a whole lot of history.  

10 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

My recollection is that he was guy who as a rookie couldn't block at all. That obviously changed, but early on he probably wasn't on the field much. Packers still had Jackie Harris and Ed West in 1993. 

11 hours ago, Eternal said:

How did Chmura only have 13yds?

Edit: I always viewed him as so much better being a kid, but after looking at his stats, there is a lot to be desired

I want to say I remember Chewie having back issues early on and was contemplating retirement.  Then he either had a surgery or found treatment that allowed him to play.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I want to say I remember Chewie having back issues early on and was contemplating retirement.  Then he either had a surgery or found treatment that allowed him to play.

My dad has a bad back, he has 3 of his lumbar vertebrae naturally fused, and constantly has stiff muscles in his back.  One of the things he got to help was a hot tub.