Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Don’t ruin this magnificent opportunity for Kraft to learn by signing a veteran to take his spot.

This is the year we want our roster inexperienced, but playing anyway.

If we sneak into the postseason this year, we cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war in free agency this offseason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Don’t ruin this magnificent opportunity for Kraft to learn by signing a veteran to take his spot.

If we sneak into the postseason this year, we cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war in free agency this offseason.

That's fine..but perhaps we could cut into the snaps for Sims and whomever else (other than Kraft) is lining up there? I dont think it will happen personally...and honestly dont know if the guy's got anything left in the tank..but if were serious about making a Playoff push.......

Only TE I am interested in adding would be poaching Zack Kuntz from the Jets practice squad.  Otherwise, let Kraft and Sims get on the job training.  

We need to not lose focus that this season is about evaluation, not winning.  If you can win along the way, even better.  But there is nothing new that Zach Ertz is going to bring to the 2023 (and beyond) Packers that we don't already know he can do.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You finally got one right! 😁

46 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Only TE I am interested in adding would be poaching Zack Kuntz from the Jets practice squad.  Otherwise, let Kraft and Sims get on the job training.  

We need to not lose focus that this season is about evaluation, not winning.  If you can win along the way, even better.  But there is nothing new that Zach Ertz is going to bring to the 2023 (and beyond) Packers that we don't already know he can do.  

Veteran TE might have more value off the field vs on.  TE room is young and a veteran like Ertz could help mentor Musgrave/ Kraft/ Sims in some subtle aspects of TE play.  Also might be a help for Love having a veteran pass catcher.  

50 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Would be a perfect poach considering Musgrave is likely going to be out for awhile.  Kid with his athleticism must be really raw to fall so far in the draft and then not make the 53.  I'd take a flier but we would have to commit a roster spot and looks like that's not going to happen.  He was one I wanted to take with one of those 7th rounders.  Instead we wasted it on Lew Nicholes.  

51 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Doesn't have to go through clear waivers, does he? Also, Eagles, where he came from, I think Goedert is out a few more weeks. 

Yeah .. you'd have to think they would be all over that.  I could see him in GB if the Musgrave thing is a season ender or close to it.  Ertz is a crafty guy .. could come in handy for Love and a Packers team hoping to make a playoff push. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Would be a perfect poach considering Musgrave is likely going to be out for awhile.  Kid with his athleticism must be really raw to fall so far in the draft and then not make the 53.  I'd take a flier but we would have to commit a roster spot and looks like that's not going to happen.  He was one I wanted to take with one of those 7th rounders.  Instead we wasted it on Lew Nicholes.  

I too wanted Kuntz in the draft.  But I get the idea of taking a RB instead of a third TE in the draft.  Especially before Tyler Davis got hurt.  I think he was turning into a pretty good role player by the end of last season, and camp reports were really positive.  I would have poached Kuntz before going after Sims (actually not sure that was possible in the timeline), but I also like the development of Sims so far.  If he stays healthy, he could be what we hoped Tyler Davis would be.  

If a lacerated kidney hurts anywhere near as bad as a kidney stone, I would be surprised to see Musgrave back before it has been healed for about 2 weeks.  I couldn't hardly stand up straight, let alone think about playing football.