Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Another reason why baseball gets worse and worse every year. Contracts are unbelievably out of control. 

Would you rather the money go to the owners or the players because it's gotta go somewhere and it ain't going into our pockets.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yet they don't often buy titles so who cares

Yea I just can't imagine being a big fan of a particular team when every off-season is the same...a few teams buying up all the players. Doesn't necessarily lead to success but even the off-season parity of the NFL is exciting every year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Will this be activate the Stokes week?  He’s got plenty to prove and I hope he shakes the bug and shows why we drafted him so high.

Doubtful because it's at MetLife. Stokes, Jones and probably even Jaire will all play next week.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Doubtful because it's at MetLife. Stokes, Jones and probably even Jaire will all play next week.

I don’t know if he’ll play but I’d doubt the decision will be based on the venue. It’s an NFL stadium and if you’re healthy, you should get into the arena. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I do believe I was the first one on the board to draw this conclusion and I couldn't agree more with their statements. Every fanspeak mock I do I try to trade him. 

I've not been watching his interviews....so I have no understanding of what these guys are talking about. I dont think he's been expressing "I dont want to be here" sentiments by not playing. I'm figuring he's hurt....which is a bummer....but it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I've not been watching his interviews....so I have no understanding of what these guys are talking about. I dont think he's been expressing "I dont want to be here" sentiments by not playing. I'm figuring he's hurt....which is a bummer....but it is what it is.

He hasn't played much since he got his deal. Is that a coincidence? He comes back for a game and suddenly has a new injury, which didn't appear to happen during the game. 

We'll know this offseason, if Ja is hurt, 0% chance he'll be traded, if he's being a cancer a year after he got his deal, he'll be gone.

Personally I think Jaire hates being in Joe Barry's scheme and only signed an extension because he, like all of us, assumed he was guaranteed to be fired last year. There's really no reason to invest in skilled corners for Joe's scheme anyway, so if he's staying for another year, trade him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

He hasn't played much since he got his deal. Is that a coincidence? He comes back for a game and suddenly has a new injury, which didn't appear to happen during the game. 

Well...you've obviously been watching his actions closer than I have...but still, I'm not of the thinking that he's malingering.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll know this offseason, if Ja is hurt, 0% chance he'll be traded, if he's being a cancer a year after he got his deal, he'll be gone.

Personally I think Jaire hates being in Joe Barry's scheme and only signed an extension because he, like all of us, assumed he was guaranteed to be fired last year. There's really no reason to invest in skilled corners for Joe's scheme anyway, so if he's staying for another year, trade him. 

Agreed.   Feels like the Jaire and DC Joe Barry is a mismatch in styles

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.   Feels like the Jaire and DC Joe Barry is a mismatch in styles

Yeah you've got a corner capable of being a top 5 guy in the league coming into a game with a mindset of shutting down the best guy on the other team. Then he gets in a game and he doesn't travel with that guy, barely presses, barely plays man. Just not a style match at all. 

Honestly Rasul was a perfect Joe Barry CB, one more interested in watch the QBs eyes than blanketing a WR. If we're extending him there, that's the style we need more of.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well, his team is winning and whether he likes Barry's scheme or not, he needs to get his *** on the field. I tend to think it's the latter of your two scenarios. 

What is the compensation for a 27-year-old top 5-7 CB?