Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Wicks left the game and didn’t return

That makes it even more serious with Watson, Reed and Muskgrave out. Health and Melton are not supposed to be more than complimentary pieces in any offense. It’s also why I’m tired of Kraft hurdling guys. I appreciate the desire to keep going forward but defenders will take an opportunity to break you in half if you leave your feet like that and they catch you out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

That makes it even more serious with Watson, Reed and Muskgrave out. Health and Melton are not supposed to be more than complimentary pieces in any offense. It’s also why I’m tired of Kraft hurdling guys. I appreciate the desire to keep going forward but defenders will take an opportunity to break you in half if you leave your feet like that and they catch you out there. 

No point in his hurdling either .. he's basically hurdling himself out of bounds and getting banged up in the process.  Just lower the shoulder and knock these defenders into next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How can LaFleur be so good at keeping a young offense together enough to rise to the top, yet so weak as to not make a mid-year change at DC, which will probably end up being the reason his first-year starting QB doesn't get a shot at the playoffs...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How can LaFleur be so good at keeping a young offense together enough to rise to the top, yet so weak as to not make a mid-year change at DC, which will probably end up being the reason his first-year starting QB doesn't get a shot at the playoffs...

It is what it is at this stage. The die is cast. It's baked into the cake. It's done. The defense is what it is and will be till next year and a new DC runs things. My only wonder is if the players have in fact tossed in the towel. That would be unfortunate, but possible. We watched some real NFL level defenses last night. Hopefully we reach that level again. It's been awhile.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Wasn't much of a real competition. Nijman didn't get more snaps when Walker had poor performances.. 

But I can't disagree with Stenos  assessment.  Cleaned up some mentals. Has fire to his play. And if you make him play left tackle, he'll be playing left tackle.

Needs to add serious sand to the pants, just cant hang with the A tier dudes. 

Not to crusade against this guy. Just really don't want to pass up on a premium talent at the position because we have Rasheed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Leader said:

It is what it is at this stage. The die is cast. It's baked into the cake. It's done. The defense is what it is and will be till next year and a new DC runs things. My only wonder is if the players have in fact tossed in the towel. That would be unfortunate, but possible. We watched some real NFL level defenses last night. Hopefully we reach that level again. It's been awhile.

I was fairly pleased with the first half performance from the D .. they were way more aggressive and made things a little tougher on Bryce Young.  In the second half it was back to the soft vanilla stuff, and the kid picked them apart, particularly in the 4th quarter.  It's just not in Barry's DNA to play an aggressive brand of D.  He's got to go.  Should be gone today, but that's apparently not happening.  He'll cost us a game again soon.

• Like 1