Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

There better be more to it than simply the situation last week because if that's all it is then yeah, this is a gross overreaction by the team to suspend your top CB days before facing Justin Jefferson in essentially an elimination game. Fining him an undisclosed amount and keeping it in house feels like a more appropriate solution instead of making this a much bigger story

Also, if they want to go this hard on holding players accountable, sure would be nice if they held coaches to the same standard instead of making every excuse under the sun for holding onto a very bad DC

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

He's gone this offseason

I'm taking a victory lap here on two fronts. 

I was the most adamant about Barry getting ****canned two weeks ago. I was told him being there would not be an issue.

I was the first one clamoring for Jaire to be moved in a trade.

I think the odds are increasing for both to happen. Sadly, Barry is going to stick around for two more weeks and poision the well even further. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yes, he does! He's from Charlotte and wanted to be a captain for the game in his hometown. 

Then why didn't he tell his superiors?  I'm sure they would have named him one of the captains before the game.  But to pull a stunt like that is a bad look.

Just now, Old Guy said:

I'm taking a victory lap here on two fronts. 

I was the most adamant about Barry getting ****canned two weeks ago. I was told him being there would not be an issue.

I was the first one clamoring for Jaire to be moved in a trade.

I think the odds are increasing for both to happen. Sadly, Barry is going to stick around for two more weeks and poision the well even further. 

Jaire isn't going anywhere, anyone who understands the cap knows this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He should have went to LaFleur and told him he wanted to go out for the coin toss.  Just doing it on his own was disrespectful to LaFleur.  

Not my point, buttttttttt 

If he respected MLF he would have gone to him. It's obvious he has an issue with Barry and since MLF is keeping Barry around, he's got an issue with him.

Only thing GB accomplished here was making this pretty minor situation into a bigger story/distraction around the team lol

What Jaire did was dumb but inconsequential in the end. This really deserved a fine at most along with some indoor conversation with the coach or whatever and both parties move on.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

There better be more to it than simply the situation last week because if that's all it is then yeah, this is a gross overreaction by the team to suspend your top CB days before facing Justin Jefferson in essentially an elimination game. Fining him an undisclosed amount and keeping it in house feels like a more appropriate solution instead of making this a much bigger story

Also, if they want to go this hard on holding players accountable, sure would be nice if they held coaches to the same standard instead of making every excuse under the sun for holding onto a very bad DC

I think there's more under the surface. Jaire has been able to practice but not play in games for 6 weeks until he played his hometown team than went rogue and almost lost us a possession. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This team isn't going to win out. They're going to lose out. All this dissension over fracking Joe Barry, loser. MLF is now the problem.

I can kinda understand why MLF didn't want to make a change at DC before the end of the season.  He might not have wanted a distraction.  Of course the blind bat couldn't see keeping Barry around was the distraction.  IMO we'll really have a problem if Matt doesn't make a move next month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire isn't going anywhere, anyone who understands the cap knows this.

Anyone who understands the dynamics of having a cancer in the locker room knows that outweighs the cap. If anybody thinks it was just because of the coin toss, they aren't very smart. 

It costs us an additional 3 million if we cut or trade him prior to June 1st. After June 1st we gain 16 million. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1