Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I agree, but funny how patient they are with the guy leading the whole defense. 

This last game was more on the DBs than Barry TBH.

Lot of problems on that side of the ball beyond just Barry. Having any of them act like Jaire did is grounds for serious discipline. They made the right call.

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Seems to me like this is pretty simple.

MLF has no stones when it comes to his hires.

But when he screws up and a player forces his hand?  Then he has stones.

This coach is pretty lucky that he had #12 racking up wins for him when he was so young he didn't need to shave but twice a week.

It's a bad look for JA, and an equally bad look for our coach.  

But hey, let's see how the team responds this week.  My guess is that we will make another QB the player of the week, while handing out excuses about how the offense didn't help out the defense.

I think the whole "stones" thing is dumb.

How far does that go. Did you applaud Zimmer when he cut his kicker every time he missed a kick? Or did you laugh at him when the next kicker couldnt perform under those circumstances.

Hell with a little bigger stones Ross could have fired Mike McDaniel and went to get Sean Payton. That was rumored. 

If anything he has pretty large stones for keeping Barry, because it's heating up his own seat. 

Some coaches seem to like in season stability. I believe Tomlin had some pressure to move from Canada. Belichick didnt move from Patricia midseason. 

I agree there's been too much leash for Barry, assumedly because theyre friends. But he's made a lot of coaching changes year to year... in the offseason. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Technically speaking the officials gave him a break. He said we want to play defense. Which means we made a choice and the Panthers should have been given the choice in the second half. Fortunately, MLF told the officials before the game he was deferring so the officials basically bailed his dumb *** out. 

Stop it please.

Jaire said "Defense" (instead of "defer").

So - the Refs cut him a break and asked for clarification...instead of what?

"Okay....you're on offense"

Huh??????

12 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I think the whole "stones" thing is dumb.

How far does that go. Did you applaud Zimmer when he cut his kicker every time he missed a kick? Or did you laugh at him when the next kicker couldnt perform under those circumstances.

Hell with a little bigger stones Ross could have fired Mike McDaniel and went to get Sean Payton. That was rumored. 

If anything he has pretty large stones for keeping Barry, because it's heating up his own seat. 

Some coaches seem to like in season stability. I believe Tomlin had some pressure to move from Canada. Belichick didnt move from Patricia midseason. 

I agree there's been too much leash for Barry, assumedly because theyre friends. But he's made a lot of coaching changes year to year... in the offseason. 

MLF didn't have stones last season when it came to Joe Barry.  And every week that worthless JAG is in our facility, it reinforces the fact that MFL doesn't hold his hires to the same standard that he does the players.

His failure to realize how awful JB was an is is probably going to cost this team their most talented defender.  Arguably their most talented defender.

• Like 2