Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Barry (along with a position coach or more) will be gone soon, and he needs to be replaced with a DC who is not only competent of course but one who will demand respect and put up with zero BS

We may be missing 2 and maybe 3 of our best WR's and our starting TE but I don't see how we can lose either of the next two games looking at the opponent.  Or what's left of them.  Then again, we've got Barry going for us.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the bolded is not correct.  You do not know the rule.

You are correct, they could choose to kick, receive or defer. Since NOBODY chooses to kick since they forfeit the opportunity to select in the second half, it's really two choices: receive or defer. 

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

Fan speak, we may think the focus on this season was making sure Love was the QB of the future, players don't think like that, players are in it for the ability to keep there job, make more money, and that happens when there put in position to excel, Barry provided to little of that, and players let Lafleur know that last year, plenty.

so for Lafleur to bring him back again was to turn a blind eye to the opinions of his players, and we've seen players revolt concerning this all season, Douglas was vocal in training camp, then again prior to being traded, Campbell a week ago, now Alexander, again, lets not forget his temper tantrum after the Vikings 18 months ago

Good take.

Hunters want to be around other hunters.

A streak of divaness is both a cause and consequence of being great - they burn in the same fire. A great leader uses it. Poor performers and bad leaders (e.g. barry) are totally lost at how to direct it in useful ways. 

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Kool Aid McKinstry

21 years old.  6'1''.  194 pounds.  Rumored 4.35 speed.  Starter at Alabama since he was a freshman.

This one is starting to look like it makes waaaayyyy too much sense for GB.

All we need to see is an RAS score and a religious tweet or two.

I want a player like him too. But if you go that route, need to make sure we don't have a soft defense a team can just dink and dunk to death or run the ball down their throat at will first.

Bill Huber -  What’s worse? That Jaire Alexander appointed himself a captain or that the Packers let everything fester so long that they won't have one of their best players to cover Justin Jefferson in a playoff elimination game? It's a horrible look for everyone.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Barry (along with a position coach or more) will be gone soon, and he needs to be replaced with a DC who is not only competent of course but one who will demand respect and put up with zero BS

We may be missing 2 and maybe 3 of our best WR's and our starting TE but I don't see how we can lose either of the next two games looking at the opponent.  Or what's left of them.  Then again, we've got Barry going for us.

I thought the same thing when I saw the Giants on the schedule.  IMO, the Vikings and Bears are both better teams, especially when you consider that the Giants started DeVito.  

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You are correct, they could choose to kick, receive or defer. Since NOBODY chooses to kick since they forfeit the opportunity to select in the second half, it's really two choices: receive or defer. 

So you are allowed to interpret/change the rule according to your personal take, but others who do the same don't know the rule.  Got it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I want a player like him too. But if you go that route, need to make sure we don't have a soft defense a team can just dink and dunk to death or run the ball down their throat at will first.

I'm not worried about that.

I am worried about how we can take Kool Aid higher in the first round, then limit his playing time.

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I thought the same thing when I saw the Giants on the schedule.  IMO, the Vikings and Bears are both better teams, especially when you consider that the Giants started DeVito.  

Yep, I've thought that multiple times this year and was proven wrong.

But, I'll triple down it.  The Vikes are freshly without key players and are now starting a rookie QB.  The Bears are in absolute disarray and are likely to lose their complete coaching staff and they know it. 

But again, we do have Barry going for us.

7 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Well I'd assume he climbs past Valentine in training camp, and past Stokes by Week 5.

I'd assume that if we draft him high, he gets a few snaps, though he should get more.

If we draft him in the mid to end of round one, then he can start right away.