Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Yard accumulation should be all relative to the 25 yard line. Negative yardage for anything under the 25. 0 yards for getting to the 25. Positive yards for advancing past the 25.

Super simple stuff.

If you're losing, I like the strategy of going for the KOR.  If you're tied/winning I like just fair catching

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 12:07 PM, Zycho32 said:

Still league leader in KR Yards, and technically KR Average(thanks to all the fair catches, only one other person met the minimum requirement to qualify on average(one return per game).

I didn't know this. So the other guy must have gotten 2nd team all-pro?  That's actually pretty funny if that's how it played out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I didn't know this. So the other guy must have gotten 2nd team all-pro?  That's actually pretty funny if that's how it played out.

Honestly, I may have made an error, because that minimum requirement is to the best of my knowledge only used by PFR. Take that away and a handful of guys come up to a higher KR avg than Nixon, though that doesn't matter much because none of them even came close to the amount of times Nixon took the ball out. If it's just yards then Nixon just totally runs away with it.

By the by, his average? 26.5 yards. I saw that and I had to pause because I wasn't remembering many big runs this year.

5 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Honestly, I may have made an error, because that minimum requirement is to the best of my knowledge only used by PFR. Take that away and a handful of guys come up to a higher KR avg than Nixon, though that doesn't matter much because none of them even came close to the amount of times Nixon took the ball out. If it's just yards then Nixon just totally runs away with it.

By the by, his average? 26.5 yards. I saw that and I had to pause because I wasn't remembering many big runs this year.

From 5 yards in the endzone, 26.5 only gets to the 21.5 yard line 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

From 5 yards in the endzone, 26.5 only gets to the 21.5 yard line 

Think someone mentioned it earlier, but measuring KR yardage as +/- from the 25 makes total sense.  The raw average is nearly meaningless, and definitely deceptive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Think someone mentioned it earlier, but measuring KR yardage as +/- from the 25 makes total sense.  The raw average is nearly meaningless, and definitely deceptive.

Yup.  You can see the EPA for each kickoff on pro football reference play by play

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Youre sure it doesnt start at the goal line?

Look at the returns from the carolina game.  Here is 1 kickoff from 35, 69 yards would be 4 yards deep.  Nixon returns it 25 yards and GB starts possession on the 21

1 5:24     CAR 35 7 3 Eddy Pineiro kicks off 69 yards, returned by Keisean Nixon for 25 yards (tackle by Tae Davis) 0.000 0.340
1 5:19 1 10 GNB 21 7 3 Aaron Jones right tackle for 39 yards (tackle by Troy Hill and Xavier Woods)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202312240car.htm#all_pbp

• Like 1