Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

"The Green Bay Packers running back announced Monday — his 25th birthday — he’ll use his love for the bubble shooter mobile game to help foster care families in Wisconsin"

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2018/01/22/ty-montgomery-teams-up-makers-panda-pop-help-wisconsin-foster-care-families/1055016001/

3 hours ago, Leader said:

"The Green Bay Packers running back announced Monday — his 25th birthday — he’ll use his love for the bubble shooter mobile game to help foster care families in Wisconsin"

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/fans/2018/01/22/ty-montgomery-teams-up-makers-panda-pop-help-wisconsin-foster-care-families/1055016001/

The Press Gazette also reporting that Montgomery dislocated his hip while preparing for the news release. Details upcoming.

• Like 1

"It seems like a given that Bill Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of all time. Search Google and you’ll find plenty of stories telling you so. Some even anoint him the best coach ever in any sport in this country’s history. But we might just want to tap the brakes, because Vince Lombardi’s case remains strong"

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2018/01/22/dougherty-bill-belichick-best-nfl-coach-ever-not-so-fast/1055179001/

1 hour ago, Hands said:

When BB wins three NFL championships in a row....I'll think about it.

If he wins another ring in 2 weeks, he’ll have 3 rings in 4 years.. for a second time in his tenure as NE HC. What Belichick has done in the free agency era is unmatched and, imo, makes him the GOAT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Times are different. I love Vince as much as anybody, but he was an exceptional coach because of his leadership. 

Belichick is the greatest coach of all time.

Maybe NFL coach. Vince Lombardi coached a HS bball team to a state championship in his first year. The team never won a state championship before or since. He read a book about basketball and coached a team to a championship. That's just crazy. 

I think BB wins because he is a master of X's and O's, Lombardi could've coached anything and been a HOFer because he was a master of getting the most out of every single player he had. I'd still take Lombardi.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Maybe NFL coach. Vince Lombardi coached a HS bball team to a state championship in his first year. The team never won a state championship before or since. He read a book about basketball and coached a team to a championship. That's just crazy. 

I think BB wins because he is a master of X's and O's, Lombardi could've coached anything and been a HOFer because he was a master of getting the most out of every single player he had. I'd still take Lombardi.

That is certainly remarkable. Still, times are different. I have a hard time believing Vince would be able to do that in this era. Athletic talent is light years above where it was in the mid 1900s. BB is redefining what it means to be an NFL coaching legend.

Edited by packerrfan74

Well here ya go....for all those eager for some fast, aggressive action!

"While we don’t know what a Brian Gutekunst philosophy is, there’s ample reason to believe the Thompson mantra was truly Thompson’s and not a franchise-wide shared vision"

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/1/23/16923082/ted-thompson-gm-tree-history-brian-gutekunst-packers-free-agency-aggressive-approach-offseason-2018