Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If Nixon wants more than about $2m, pass.

I think Nixon is probably going to get more than that on the open market.  The kickoff is back in play and his experience in the slot adds to his value.  I bet he gets at least double that .. maybe 5-6 mil per.  I'd like him back for cheap, but I don't want him being penciled in at slot like last year.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Nixon is probably going to get more than that on the open market.  The kickoff is back in play and his experience in the slot adds to his value.  I bet he gets at least double that .. maybe 5-6 mil per.  I'd like him back for cheap, but I don't want him being penciled in at slot like last year.

Happy trails then. He's not worth that and we have bigger needs. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, doing right by him is the obvious choice.  But IF they wanted to maximize his time on the market, they would have done this well before today.  The J1 release seems to imply that the money will be used towards a Love extension.

Maybe they wanted to do the combine first and needed more info on who would be a FA

Also heard that it's a paycut or release for Bakhtiari and that he's contemplating the offer.  I guess we kind of already knew that.  No idea what the offer is or the timeline. 

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Davis was coming on a bit when he got hurt, and also plays special teams.  He'd be really cheap.

He will also most likely have a very minimal dead cap if he is signed and then cut.  Should be an easy, cheap, and low risk deal.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He will also most likely have a very minimal dead cap if he is signed and then cut.  Should be an easy, cheap, and low risk deal.

Yeah I don’t think a minimum salary guy coming back from injury is going to break the cap. He was making a few plays when he unfortunately went down just before the season opener and I recall coach Rich said he played on 4 different ST units. If he’s medically cleared, that’s an easy signing until someone takes his job.