Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Spotrac is showing 85, but that is also including 5 in void year for Love and 13.7 in void year for Clark, neither of which have a contract for 2025 yet.  It is also the final year of the contracts of:  Christian Watson, Sean Rhyan, Romeo Doubs, Zach Tom, Kingsley Enagbare, and Rasheed Walker.  I would bet that at least some of these guys are retained, and for a lot more money than they currently are making.  So while the number looks nice right now, we have to realize we aren't in the same position as the Browns of a couple of years ago with money to burn.

I think when I did the math & made some guesses w/ Love’s & Nixon’s 2025 cap hits, I came out at around $46m in cap space in 2025, which already bakes in enough min-salary cap holds to fill the top-51, and money to sign draft picks in both years. 

this assumes: 

spotrac’s projected 2025 NFL cap ($273.3m)

+$20m GB rollover from 2024

+$12.5m GB declining Stokes’ 5th year option. 

+$8.9m correcting Spotrac’s 2025 Devondre cap hit from$12.5m to $3.6m

additionally I believe GB can open up another $40m+ w/ restructures if they want.

Expiring contracts they might want to re-sign if cheap: Myers, Slaton, McDuffie, Stokes (maybe a smaller prove-it deal depending on how 2024 goes)

Edited by TransientTexan

On 3/18/2024 at 3:40 PM, packfanfb said:

Packers are $25m under right now with another $10.5m coming in a few months. Compared to the past few years, we are swimming in available cap money right now. Limiting restructures and void-year contracts is getting us right again for 2025 and beyond. 

I wasn't saying they should restructure either one of them, but it's interesting that they restructured Rashan Gary but not Jaire Alexander.  I think that goes to show you that the Packers clearly view Rashan Gary as being here for the majority of his extension, and Jaire Alexander might not be.

56 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's assuredly too much for the Packers to roll over.  I'd say it's probably closer to $10M.

I’m just saying based on the current trajectory. It’s not like there are really that many big-dollar FA’s left on the market right now. 

GB currently has 25.1m space. 
add 10m when the Campbell savings come in and you’re already up to 35m

only subtractions would probably be:
Nixon’s number (~4-5m?)

Draft class (~3m?)

Love’s extension (maybe ~7m added from a prorated signing bonus, w/ the rest of the money coming in 2025/beyond)

if they choose to push more of Love’s extension money onto this year, that just means lower hits next yr & beyond, so no huge difference as far as the 2025 cap is concerned. 

Edited by TransientTexan

Aaron Nagler -  The Packers traded a dude who (incorrectly)  proclaimed himself the greatest player in the history of their franchise and got great value. The Bears "did right" by a guy who led them to 11 total wins in 3 years.

13 hours ago, Leader said:

#4 - "I think the're special........"

I take no comfort in this guy praising us. He guaranteed Love was going to be a bust. Three North teams in the top 10, including Minnesota without a quarterback.

Do people still think the Cowherd's, Bayless' type sports talk folks are actually serios about what they say?   Do people not realize they are just stating things that are overtly outlandish and controversial to get ratings?

• Like 3

lol. D. Campbell just completely wrecked anyone who defended Barry.

Completely gutted the stupid, idiotic notion that Barry got better as the season went on.

Everybody with a brain could tell LaFleur took a greater interest in the defense after the Panthers game.

You love to see it.

• Like 1