Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

That is wishful thinking. Carlson was bad the LS isn't to blame for even 1/4 of his woes. 

No wishful thinking at all with my statement. I didn't say we are OK at kicker.    I stand by the fact that the snaps on kicks were all over the place.   We need a new long snapper.  We need competition at kicker.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am torn with the draft in GB.  Part of me really wants it to be a magnificent event and go off without a hitch for my home town.  The other part of me wants to see a possible, however unlikely, blizzard in April and ruin the entire thing, LOL!

As for attending, I am out.  I need the computer by my side to get more information immediately so I can prognosticate the next ten years of some kid's life before he even signs a contract.  I also question, where are attendees going to stay for this event? I imagine every hotel room in GB is booked, as well as Appleton.  Will there be people staying as far away as Milwaukee?

Cruise ships and the booze train from Milwaukee, obviously. ;)

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2023/05/24/green-bay-packers-knew-may-9-theyd-get-nfl-draft-but-had-to-wait-3-weeks-more/70251192007/

What Really Has Mark Murphy Done for the Packers? | PackersTalk.com Blog  Posts and Podcasts

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Honestly, cruise ships would be perfect, BUT late April is also a great time to take a cruise, so the NFL would have to contract the cruise lines who sell those rooms at like 3000-10,000 a pop for a week.  Plus the probably week it takes to get from New Orleans or Miami all the way through the St Lawrence to Green Bay, which is quite the divot in spring break usage.  

Which kind of brings it to, would you rather stay in Green Bay, on a cruise ship, for probably 5000, or pay 300 to stay in Milwaukee and just drive 2 hours?

35 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think I have seen this one here.  Not bad for our 5th WR.

Maybe the Packers could trade him for a couple of 1st rounders to one of the WR needy teams. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am torn with the draft in GB.  Part of me really wants it to be a magnificent event and go off without a hitch for my home town.  The other part of me wants to see a possible, however unlikely, blizzard in April and ruin the entire thing, LOL!

As for attending, I am out.  I need the computer by my side to get more information immediately so I can prognosticate the next ten years of some kid's life before he even signs a contract.  I also question, where are attendees going to stay for this event? I imagine every hotel room in GB is booked, as well as Appleton.  Will there be people staying as far away as Milwaukee?

Start a thread on this.  I have a place in Door County where some could stay.

I also have a friend whose parents house is in DePere, and he'd rent it to me/us for a reasonable fee.

It wouldn't be hard to have a meet up.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2024 at 7:49 PM, coachbuns said:

There is no possible way Darnold will not be the starter for the Vikings regardless who they draft at QB.  Any rookie they draft will be toast if they have him as their starter especially with that OL.  

I kinda hope he is.  😉

• Like 1

I don't think I have seen this one here.  Not bad for our 5th WR.

Man, that kid gives me young Donald Driver vibes.  Passion.  Quickness.  Heart.

It goes beyond the number.

Also?  The arm talent from Love is borderline ridiculous.  Angles, fade aways, firing forward...etc.

And the offense...many times, there were other guys open on a lot of those routes.

Dang.

• Like 1

Like the batman super-villain, was it Two-Face ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I also have a friend whose parents house is in DePere, and he'd rent it to me/us for a reasonable fee.

I imagine that people will make a killing renting out their places for an Air B&B.  You could take your vacation basically for free, depending where you went, probably make a profit.  

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I imagine that people will make a killing renting out their places for an Air B&B.  You could take your vacation basically for free, depending where you went, probably make a profit.  

Yes, you could and many will.

But I will not be one of them.  My wife will simply not rent out our cottage.  Guests with us are fine, but no strangers in her perfect little cottage.

We could easily pull in 4-6k a year by renting the place out when we are not there.  But nope.  Not gonna happen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If you can tolerate the Brit, book me in now!!!!

God willing I'm 100% coming and looking to book flights as soon as they become available. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

makes me want GB to trade for picks in next year's draft so they can host it and really own the draft.  That would be fun

• Like 1