Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Snead for a 2025 3rd and 7th round swap. No one wanted to pay him or what?

https://x.com/bleacherreport/status/1771371045062332927?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

That’s got to be the case. He had a great run including in the playoffs and SB. It makes sense to me, trading high picks so you can have the privilege of paying a guy top of the market contract always seemed like a bad deal. You’d better be getting the missing piece to greatness or have cap to burn playing the game like that. 

* Unrelated but now that we’re in offseason, why can’t I get tweets to embed anymore? It seems some posters can and some can’t.  I’m one of the latter. I also can no longer post gifs but that’s less of a concern. Mods or anyone else, what changed and how can I get back in the club?

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I plan on it.  Down some brewskies and mow some brats.  Would love to meet up with some of you guys.  Good friend of mine is a Bears fan tho.  Talk football all the time plan on bringing him along so you guys will have to be gentle. 

Pssssh. I’m all for no politics, no religion, no discrimination based on race, occupation and even ugliness of the posters behind these anonymous posts.  I draw the line at not being able to ridicule anyone’s fandom let alone my sworn mortal enemy Bears fans. If hypothetical meeting did occur, your friend should have some pretty thick skin and even then might want to go sit at his own table once the booze started flowing. 

23 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Pssssh. I’m all for no politics, no religion, no discrimination based on race, occupation and even ugliness of the posters behind these anonymous posts.  I draw the line at not being able to ridicule anyone’s fandom let alone my sworn mortal enemy Bears fans. If hypothetical meeting did occur, your friend should have some pretty thick skin and even then might want to go sit at his own table once the booze started flowing. 

He's not your typical Chicago Jag bag.  Quiet kinda reserved.  Good dude pity him being a Bear fan.  Poor dude has his basement all painted up in upchuck orange and baby sheet blue.  It's sad really.  Hardcore to the bone and nothing but endless years of disappointment.  When we drafted Love he said "Great and he'll torment us for the next decade".  Try to offer him words of encouragement but we all know the truth.  THE BEARS STILL SUCK...

Let's face it he's just a Bears fan.  There is no rivalry anymore.  Now had he been a Vikings fan well that would be different.  Then by all means take him down. As Mr. T always said " I pity the fool"...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That’s got to be the case. He had a great run including in the playoffs and SB. It makes sense to me, trading high picks so you can have the privilege of paying a guy top of the market contract always seemed like a bad deal. You’d better be getting the missing piece to greatness or have cap to burn playing the game like that. 

* Unrelated but now that we’re in offseason, why can’t I get tweets to embed anymore? It seems some posters can and some can’t.  I’m one of the latter. I also can no longer post gifs but that’s less of a concern. Mods or anyone else, what changed and how can I get back in the club?

I tried to bring attention to it to our overlord Webby @CWood21 got mad at me ;) 

it’s super annoying. Especially for mobile

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

He's not your typical Chicago Jag bag.  Quiet kinda reserved.  Good dude pity him being a Bear fan.  Poor dude has his basement all painted up in upchuck orange and baby sheet blue.  It's sad really.  Hardcore to the bone and nothing but endless years of disappointment.  When we drafted Love he said "Great and he'll torment us for the next decade".  Try to offer him words of encouragement but we all know the truth.  THE BEARS STILL SUCK...

Let's face it he's just a Bears fan.  There is no rivalry anymore.  Now had he been a Vikings fan well that would be different.  Then by all means take him down. As Mr. T always said " I pity the fool"...

I grew up in Milwaukee but have lived in Chicago for a bit. I have tons of friends there who are Bears fans so I’m just joking around.  In general, I’m not a confrontational person but if I know you as a friend, I will twist the knife as much as possible for some good natured ball busting. Hopefully I can take it as much as I can give it. Still, draft weekend in GB, people need to let their flag fly and there should be plenty of **** being talked. It’s only right. 

I disagree about the rivalry, though. It’s the oldest in US pro sports. we’ve dominated for so many decades but that’s how they felt in the 80’s. It’s important to maintain the history and know where you stand in it.

• Like 2

What a relief! That glitch made me think I was banned!

I will not make fun of other people's fandom. I have other nerd things that would be a lot easier to make fun of.

39 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I grew up in Milwaukee but have lived in Chicago for a bit. I have tons of friends there who are Bears fans so I’m just joking around.  In general, I’m not a confrontational person but if I know you as a friend, I will twist the knife as much as possible for some good natured ball busting. Hopefully I can take it as much as I can give it. Still, draft weekend in GB, people need to let their flag fly and there should be plenty of **** being talked. It’s only right. 

I disagree about the rivalry, though. It’s the oldest in US pro sports. we’ve dominated for so many decades but that’s how they felt in the 80’s. It’s important to maintain the history and know where you stand in it.

I married a Bears fan.  Father in law big time Bears fan with season tickets.  We had some fun Sundays.  Couldn't watch the games with the wife.  Packers would stomp them and she would get emotional.  I'd try to keep a straight face. Father in law I twisted that knife better believe it.  My favorite torment was the pick six by BJ Raji.  I'd cue it up just for him. Well wouldn't recommend a mixed marriage it didn't last.  

We've owned the Bears for the better part of 30 years now.  They aren't good enough to hate anymore.  It's the Vikings and has been for years now.  Can't stand em.  Detroit don't hate them yet probably because they have sucked in forever also.   Good now but wouldn't consider them a rivalry just yet.  Who knows if the Bears turn it around I might begin to hate on them again.  I'm sure they really hate us.  Bet Dallas does too. 

Get what you are saying it's the oldest rivalry in sports.  Bears aren't holding up their end of the deal tho.  85 Bears was a long time ago.  Man they were the worst.  OK I hate them all over again.  Nevermind...those Rat bastards. 

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I tried to bring attention to it to our overlord Webby @CWood21 got mad at me ;) 

it’s super annoying. Especially for mobile

I didn't get mad.  Just told you Webby was aware, and it's a "problem" with the programming of the Invisionboard that last I had heard they were aware of.

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

Need to change the "X.com" to "Twitter.com" if you want it to post embedded.

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

I draw the line at not being able to ridicule anyone’s fandom let alone my sworn mortal enemy Bears fans.

Yeah? Well try that on the Bears Forum. They're a really touchy group. I mentioned the "O" word in there following our recent games and their world collapsed.