Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

makes me want GB to trade for picks in next year's draft so they can host it and really own the draft.  That would be fun

NFL is listed as sports entertainment.  Scripted.  No better script than Jordan Love and GB winning the big game then hosting the draft.   

Is Ariana Grande still a thing?  Cuz maybe one of our boys can date her.  And with that name, I've run out of younger pop culture celebrities.  Who was that chick that played Wednesday in the series?  Ortega?  She a big enough name?  

46 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

It would be hard for me to fathom a more boring event than attending an NFL draft live. 

Sounds like you were never forced to sit through a sibling’s dance recital as a child. 

• Like 5

So torn.

On one hand, I totally dig the idea of a meet up, especially as close as DePere(I live in Howard).

But on the other, there exists the chance of actually attending the major event, even if I'm left with one nut and no kidneys afterwards.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Sounds like you were never forced to sit through a sibling’s dance recital as a child. 

2nd 3rd and 4th this one Thrill. I love my girls but dam dance is boring. Not sure about you but we can watch a hockey game or a soccer game or football for your boy or girl and you get what at last 1 hour of action. Watch dance and get 2.5 minutes of skipping or hip shaking.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am torn with the draft in GB.  Part of me really wants it to be a magnificent event and go off without a hitch for my home town.  The other part of me wants to see a possible, however unlikely, blizzard in April and ruin the entire thing, LOL!

As for attending, I am out.  I need the computer by my side to get more information immediately so I can prognosticate the next ten years of some kid's life before he even signs a contract.  I also question, where are attendees going to stay for this event? I imagine every hotel room in GB is booked, as well as Appleton.  Will there be people staying as far away as Milwaukee?

How can you turn down the possibility of drunkenly embarrassing yourself in front of everyone here?!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

2nd 3rd and 4th this one Thrill. I love my girls but dam dance is boring. Not sure about you but we can watch a hockey game or a soccer game or football for your boy or girl and you get what at last 1 hour of action. Watch dance and get 2.5 minutes of skipping or hip shaking.  

I’ve got 2 boys so I dodged that (as well as Frozen lol) but I’ve got a younger sister and when we were kids, there were no smart phones or tablets to keep us occupied. Hell… my mom wouldn’t even let me bring comic books or listen to my Walkman during the recital lol. #torture

2 hours ago, Kepler said:

How can you turn down the possibility of drunkenly embarrassing yourself in front of everyone here?!

I plan on it.  Down some brewskies and mow some brats.  Would love to meet up with some of you guys.  Good friend of mine is a Bears fan tho.  Talk football all the time plan on bringing him along so you guys will have to be gentle. 

• Like 1