Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Yeah? Well try that on the Bears Forum. They're a really touchy group. I mentioned the "O" word in there following our recent games and their world collapsed.

Going to someone else’s forum without at least a little humility is probably a bad idea.  Think about the posters here from other teams. The ones that come around often are usually chill, probably talk **** elsewhere but keep it cool on the GB board. The ones looking for a fight or coming here to complain don’t last more than a few posts before the hornet’s nest gets kicked. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I married a Bears fan.  Father in law big time Bears fan with season tickets.  We had some fun Sundays.  Couldn't watch the games with the wife.  Packers would stomp them and she would get emotional.  I'd try to keep a straight face. Father in law I twisted that knife better believe it.  My favorite torment was the pick six by BJ Raji.  I'd cue it up just for him. Well wouldn't recommend a mixed marriage it didn't last.  

We've owned the Bears for the better part of 30 years now.  They aren't good enough to hate anymore.  It's the Vikings and has been for years now.  Can't stand em.  Detroit don't hate them yet probably because they have sucked in forever also.   Good now but wouldn't consider them a rivalry just yet.  Who knows if the Bears turn it around I might begin to hate on them again.  I'm sure they really hate us.  Bet Dallas does too. 

Get what you are saying it's the oldest rivalry in sports.  Bears aren't holding up their end of the deal tho.  85 Bears was a long time ago.  Man they were the worst.  OK I hate them all over again.  Nevermind...those Rat bastards. 

Those damn Bears embarrassed us on MNF in the 80s with the Fridge plowing thru the line for Walter Payton at the goal line with Dandy Don yukking it up.   These years since the early 90s?  Let the good times roll.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Scoremore said:

It's the Vikings and has been for years now.  Can't stand em.  Detroit don't hate them yet probably because they have sucked in forever also.   Good now but wouldn't consider them a rivalry just yet.  

The Vikings never had the decency to be really down for a stretch.... Usually they're always within a few years of a stretch of being competitive/ respectable

The Lions though... When they beat us for in a row during the last couple McCarthy years, my friends who are Lions fans got really chesty over it. I think what really pissed them off though is they were sitting there and talking smack and I basically gave him the equivalent of a pat on the head and said "good on you. Enjoy this. You've suffered enough!" 

They're a feel good story right now after being down so long...but so were we  and now we're probably one of the more exasperating fanbases out there. Or look at the Cubs and Sox in MLB - utterly insufferable.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 12:10 PM, vegas492 said:

Start a thread on this.  I have a place in Door County where some could stay.

I also have a friend whose parents house is in DePere, and he'd rent it to me/us for a reasonable fee.

It wouldn't be hard to have a meet up.

I'm throwing my name into the ring. I don't even need to enter the house, a spot for my 21' travel trailer and the additional car as well as 30 amp electricity and WI-FI is all I'm asking for for a reasonable price. :)

Edited by Gravedigger93

17 hours ago, Pugger said:

Those damn Bears embarrassed us on MNF in the 80s with the Fridge plowing thru the line for Walter Payton at the goal line with Dandy Don yukking it up.   These years since the early 90s?  Let the good times roll.

That's the play that really did it for me.  Dirty rat bastards.  We at the time were just thrilled to get a MNF game and then they did that to us.  Dunno if any of you have ever gone to a Packers Bears game in Chicago.  The fans down there were straight up hostile.  Had a noose around Farves neck (a lifesize doll) hanging him.  It was brutal.  

Throwin' around F bombs at any Packer fan that dared to display the colors.  Real jerks.  They got what they deserved 30 years of humble pie. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

no clue. I literally just copied your link above and pasted it. Hit enter and it embedded.

What browser are you using?

Yeah, maybe device specific or a permissions conflict.  I did the same thing you did, and the image was embedded automatically when I pasted the link.

@Arthur Penske I assume you don't see the message below when you paste a twitter link into your posts?  I am guessing your device/browser is choosing the "display as a link instead" option automatically.

d3f11dbd59a51bb7954a35c6ce654f15d9d7988c