Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

AJ Dillon has suffered another stinger injury.  2nd one in a short period of game action.  Missed the playoffs last year with the first one, and then received another this past week or so.  Packers are being cautious with him.  He probably would have played against the Broncos, but was held out.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/21/packers-being-cautious-gathering-info-on-a-j-dillons-latest-stinger-injury/

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

AJ Dillon has suffered another stinger injury.  2nd one in a short period of game action.  Missed the playoffs last year with the first one, and then received another this past week or so.  Packers are being cautious with him.  He probably would have played against the Broncos, but was held out.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/08/21/packers-being-cautious-gathering-info-on-a-j-dillons-latest-stinger-injury/

That last sentence is pure conjecture. He got 1 drive the first game and went out at the same time as the majority of those other players that were scratched from the broncos game. Its hard to imagine a competition where a guy gets 4 carries is followed by the competition getting 13 while a practice body got 8.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2024 at 4:19 PM, Lodestar said:

INTERESTING

A good move IMO. Cant speak to what makes for a good OL coach, but I think this guy was good when with us previously and the more talent recognition and development guys....the better.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Good use of the international exception spot. I’d imagine a lot of teams might use it for kicker auncw there is plenty of leg talent out there to be developed. Kenny O. was a good story but too far away to realistically get on the field even with another year. Hopefully this either keeps the fire on Anders’ feet or becomes a worthy replacement. 

As far as I know Mailata is the biggest success story for this program. Getting a high level starting OL as a freebie is a nice return. 

40 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Good use of the international exception spot. I’d imagine a lot of teams might use it for kicker auncw there is plenty of leg talent out there to be developed. Kenny O. was a good story but too far away to realistically get on the field even with another year. Hopefully this either keeps the fire on Anders’ feet or becomes a worthy replacement. 

As far as I know Mailata is the biggest success story for this program. Getting a high level starting OL as a freebie is a nice return. 

How do you come up with the thought that he was a freebie? He was drafted, they spent draft capital to gain his rights, he wasn't free. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

How do you come up with the thought that he was a freebie? He was drafted, they spent draft capital to gain his rights, he wasn't free. 

Indeed.  He came in on the international program but I see now he was drafted in the 7th round. Although a slight difference with an even slighter distinction, I’m pretty sure the Eagles are good with burning that 7th rounder. 

15 hours ago, Leader said:

A good move IMO. Cant speak to what makes for a good OL coach, but I think this guy was good when with us previously and the more talent recognition and development guys....the better.

Campen had had three one-year positions (Cleveland 19, Chargers 20, Houston 21) a two-year (Carolina 22-23), bvetween his 15-year Packers job and this.  Unusual for a late-careeer guy to bounce around that much.  Hope he's OK, and family.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Maybe this is why i dont think his knees bend. And it starts getting even better and he does really take off. Present me with new info and i change my stance.

Sign of intelligence. We can't read the article though.