Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Aaron Jones entire 2018 season: 26 receptions, 206 yards.
Aaron Jones first five games of 2019: 17 receptions, 150 yards. 

It's almost like current era offenses need to throw to running backs in order to be effective offenses or something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler:

Packers win big game, handily, without Davante Adams.
Twitter: The Packers should definitely trade for a wide receiver.

4 receptions by receivers yesterday.

I DVR'd the game.  I thought that MVS had one of his best games ever.  That kid was getting open.  Rodgers was playing kind of conservative, and I can't blame him.

But MVS played a really, really good game.  He showed a second gear in his routes that I hadn't seen before.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

4 receptions by receivers yesterday.

I DVR'd the game.  I thought that MVS had one of his best games ever.  That kid was getting open.  Rodgers was playing kind of conservative, and I can't blame him.

But MVS played a really, really good game.  He showed a second gear in his routes that I hadn't seen before.  

I kinda think MLF drew up a gameplan that would be heavy run, screens to RB's and TE's, with enough check-downs thrown in that the receivers downfield didn't need to step up all that often.  It may have actually caught Dallas off-guard a bit.  And Jones just made people miss all afternoon.  MVS did look good and hopefully this trend continues.

Edited by Sasquatch

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I kinda think Gute drew up a gameplan that would be heavy run, screens to RB's and TE's, with enough check-downs thrown in that the receivers downfield didn't need to step up all that often.  It may have actually caught Dallas off-guard a bit.  And Jones just made people miss all afternoon.  MVS did look good and hopefully this trend continues.

Hope that's a typo

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Jones entire 2018 season: 26 receptions, 206 yards.
Aaron Jones first five games of 2019: 17 receptions, 150 yards. 

It's almost like current era offenses need to throw to running backs in order to be effective offenses or something. 

Lordy Lord. Now there's a concept.

MM often talked of running more. MLF seems to have converted talk to action. It isn't an overly run-oriented system, but it is making more use of A.J.

5 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

MM often talked of running more. MLF seems to have converted talk to action. It isn't an overly run-oriented system, but it is making more use of A.J.

Yeah, I like the run/pass mix so far.  McCarthy put far too much pressure on Rodgers in recent years, while MLF seems to be alleviating some of that.  Rodgers looked like the ultimate game manager yesterday, and that's probably how it should be at this stage of his career.  LaFleur also is learning from his mistakes .. admitted last week he should have ran the ball more in the redzone .. this week he definitely fixed that.  I think the offense works .. just need to keep improving.  How can you not be satisfied with a 4-1 start?   Lets keep it going.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

5 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I think it is more than the run game though.

Of Rodgers 22 completions, 18 were to running backs or tight ends.

Defenses now have to account for everyone on the field and not focus on stopping a couple of WR's.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Defenses now have to account for everyone on the field and not focus on stopping a couple of WR's.

That’s what I’ve been saying for 3 ****ing years.  Once Davante is ready to go, Davante going to ****ing go.  

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

There's some truth there.  Both Jones and Williams are good receivers out of the backfield .. there's absolutely no reason that this should not be a staple in our offense.  Somehow MM and AR got away from it over the years, and it definitely had a negative impact on the offense.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's some truth there.  Both Jones and Williams are good receivers out of the backfield .. there's absolutely no reason that this should not be a staple in our offense.  Somehow MM and AR got away from it over the years, and it definitely had a negative impact on the offense.  

It wasn’t MM.