Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, craig said:

I get the concept of the defense needing to account for everybody.  Still if you're only completing 4 passes to WR's, how much "accounting" do they need to do for WR's?  

A concern is that defenses can single-cover our WR (other than Adams) and not get punished for doing so.   

A lot easier to create space underneath if defenses are tied up covering WR's.  

Don't you think that is what is happening though?

I haven't seen the all 22 from yesterday, but I would guess the defense was more focused on the WR's.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

Bill Huber:  By the way, in facing Mack, Hunter, Miller, Graham and now Lawrence, Bryan Bulaga has allowed exactly (grabbing calculator) ... zero sacks.

• Peter Bukowski:  It's becoming increasingly difficult to justify letting Bryan Bulaga walk this offseason.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber:  By the way, in facing Mack, Hunter, Miller, Graham and now Lawrence, Bryan Bulaga has allowed exactly (grabbing calculator) ... zero sacks.

• Peter Bukowski:  It's becoming increasingly difficult to justify letting Bryan Bulaga walk this offseason.

Didn’t Gute try to get him to take a pay cut when we let Nelson go.

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Was that ever confirmed? Because I have to believe that was the shortest negotiation ever.

Yeah I don’t remember this particular rumor but I have to think that you don’t ask someone to take a paycut unless the alternative is releasing them. Otherwise that discussion is about two letters long

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Not sure I can’t remember where I saw it posted may have been here. I heard his agent or he declined right away. 

I googled it came up reported by McGinn and packerwires that I could find first thread. Frick I just quoted myself. 

Edited by PACKRULE

Just now, cannondale said:

It was Nagler that mentioned the Bulaga paycut. I don't recall if it was after the season Bulaga played 5 games or the season after that

That's just it. He's always been good, but he's had a lot of trouble staying on the field. This year, he seems to be playing better than ever. 

7 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

That's just it. He's always been good, but he's had a lot of trouble staying on the field. This year, he seems to be playing better than ever. 

It's never been about his play. It's gonna come down to the medical (which we will never hear about). Rivera wasn't offered a contract and his back blew up in Dallas 3 months later. Similar fates for Lang and Sitton. We have no idea what it takes to keep Bulaga on the field and you don't want to be caught with your pants down giving him a contract you can't get out of. And of course the Packers rarely give 3rd contracts.

Edited by cannondale