Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, Howler said:

I agree. As much as Davante has progressed, I'm not even sure he's better than peak Jordy or peak Jennings. He is the beneficiary of being funneled the ball in this incarnation of the offense, due to the lack of viable options. Just last year alone, Adams had compiled 169 targets. 

I get it. He's targeted a lot, so he must not be very good. 

Seriously, can everyone stop pretending that targets is a significant statistic anyway? For one thing, it is not even the statistic it pretends to be, because when a quarterback throws the ball away (which happens a lot) it counts as a "target" for the nearest receiver, even though there was no intention to throw the ball to anyone. Targets is the ultimate garbage stat. 

23 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

I get it. He's targeted a lot, so he must not be very good. 

Seriously, can everyone stop pretending that targets is a significant statistic anyway? For one thing, it is not even the statistic it pretends to be, because when a quarterback throws the ball away (which happens a lot) it counts as a "target" for the nearest receiver, even though there was no intention to throw the ball to anyone. Targets is the ultimate garbage stat. 

I don't necessarily agree with him, but the idea he might not be better than peak Jordy or Greg isn't that wild right?

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

I don't necessarily agree with him, but the idea he might not be better than peak Jordy or Greg isn't that wild right?

Wouldn't necessarily say that. I'm probably dead wrong, but there's a lot of Sterling Sharpe to the guy. Or maybe that's just the gargantuan targeting talking.

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

Agreed. Davante's not better than peak Jordy or Jennings. I never said he was. But those guys were really good! And the Packers never had an RB as dynamic as Aaron Jones when those guys were at their peak. If Adams, Jones, and Rodgers can all get on the same field for awhile, they may be the strongest trio the Packers have had at those positions for as long as I can remember. 

26 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Wouldn't necessarily say that. I'm probably dead wrong, but there's a lot of Sterling Sharpe to the guy. Or maybe that's just the gargantuan targeting talking.

Sharpe feels a ton faster to me. But speed never seems to hurt Adams so that's no slight. I get it. Physical guys.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hot take 2

Not as much as Allison fights it.

That dude's in his own head. Hands were never that dudes issue. But yes, it's getting old.

But the Jones kamara stuff is like, naaaahhhh. Stats or no stats. He doesn't catch the ball OR run routes anywhere close. But I'm just an idiot with internet access so it doesn't mean I'm right. That's just my feel.

Edited by Norm

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

That dude's in his own head. Hands were never that dudes issue. But yes, it's getting old.

But the Jones kamara stuff is like, naaaahhhh. Stats or no stats. He doesn't catch the ball OR run routes anywhere close. But I'm just an idiot with internet access so it doesn't mean I'm right. That's just my feel.

I mean Kamara is a natural pass catcher, no comparison there. I think Jones basically learned it this off-season because he was actually going to be used in the passing game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I mean Kamara is a natural pass catcher, no comparison there. I think Jones basically learned it this off-season because he was actually going to be used in the passing game. 

Lots of evidence from college that it was a strength of his.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Jones was good at catching the ball in college.

4 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Tremon for Darius needed to happen, might have been a couple games too late.  If we are talking PS players, Id actually prefer J'Mon Moore over Darius Shephard at this point.  

Slow to pick up the offense.  Hands like bricks.  Too bad he had some wiggle to him.  If the dude could learn how to catch the football he would be a decent WR.