Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I know people might not like him given last year’s fall out but Marty B. Was on Simms and lefkoe podcast and discussed the differences with the pats offense and packers offense. It’s an interesting listen.

It starts around the 40 minute mark.

Edited by Green19

I stopped watching at the point where he said it's the teacher's job to readjust, and that it's not the student's job to readjust.  It fits in 100% perfectly with the fact that I've been calling the Bennett brothers entitled children for the past 7 years.  No accountability, no responsibility, nothing.  They expect everything to be given to them.  I bet if these two stopped expecting everything from everybody and instead took some accountability, both of them could have been remembered far better than they will be. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I stopped watching at the point where he said it's the teacher's job to readjust, and that it's not the student's job to readjust.  It fits in 100% perfectly with the fact that I've been calling the Bennett brothers entitled children for the past 7 years.  No accountability, no responsibility, nothing.  They expect everything to be given to them.  I bet if these two stopped expecting everything from everybody and instead took some accountability, both of them could have been remembered far better than they will be. 

Not like this was the point of me posting the podcast... it was more about the Packers offense and how it’s, schemewise,  terrible compared to the rest of the league. But I’ll say this about that specific comment...

Marty later discusses how he tells his daughter after she cries over whatever that the world doesn’t care and that she needs to figure it out and when she does she can rejoin the family as a productive  member. That goes against having a sense of entitlement. I think the teaching comment is just the standard... if you’re a good teacher you can teach multiple ways. It’s like anything...if you can only be good at something doing it this one way, how great are you at that?

Look at just football... if a guy is only good running 9 routes would we say he is a great WR? Probably not. So to his point... I do think part of the job of a coach/teacher is to reach their student. But to mirror Marty’s comment to his daughter... the world doesn’t care if you had bad teachers/coaches, figure it out.

Edited by Green19

Just now, Green19 said:

Not like this was the point of me posting the podcast... it was more about the Packers offense and how it’s, schemewise,  terrible compared to the rest of the league. But I’ll say this about that specific comment...

I just can't stand him.  He's been a whiner, quitter or complainer literally everywhere he's played except New England, and that's because we all know what would have happened to him if he'd pulled some crap with Belichick. 

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just can't stand him.  He's been a whiner, quitter or complainer literally everywhere he's played except New England, and that's because we all know what would have happened to him if he'd pulled some crap with Belichick. 

That’s fine and I understand. Football really isn’t made for individuality, players that try to buck that usually end up being very hotly debated. So I can see both sides.

i just thought the discussion pays vs packers on the offense side is interesting because Simms and lefkoe just dig into how simple and bad it is all the time. But the praise Rodgers so much. Yet it’s like a chicken vs egg thing for me... is the offense that way because of the coaches and their primative schemes or is Rodgers always pushing for it to be that way.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I know people might not like him given last year’s fall out but Marty B. Was on Simms and lefkoe podcast and discussed the differences with the pats offense and packers offense. It’s an interesting listen.

It starts around the 40 minute mark.

It's eye opening that's for sure. If that's how McCarthy runs his offense then I don't think he's really an offensive minded head coach. I think we all know he isn't a defensive mind either which begs the question, what the hell is he? Just an administrator? 

48 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It's eye opening that's for sure. If that's how McCarthy runs his offense then I don't think he's really an offensive minded head coach. I think we all know he isn't a defensive mind either which begs the question, what the hell is he? Just an administrator? 

There's issues on both sides of this.  I mean, I'm not going to get mad at McCarthy for not retooling his playbook for one person, and Bennett needs to learn to adapt.

I'll just go to the topic which seems to suggest that MM does't work to his guys which seems very wrong. MB has every reason to piss on the Pack and he's not going to say anything nice unless thanks for all the money. With that said over the years the O guys have all praised MM and Co for the teaching they've been given. MM has hi expectations of his players to learn and adapt and do this on the fly at times. That's why they look for players that have higher then average IQ. MM always talks about his players learning concepts rather then player 1 you run here player 2 you run here. The Belichek method is his method and you do exactly that, if not you're on the first bus out to another team. Just very different coaching styles that both have success. Players use the Pats to try and get rings and they do the same with the Packers as well. Both coaches are also hugely successful as a result of having extremely bright, talented QB's.

23 hours ago, Kepler said:

The Packers offense has traditionally attacked the perimeter, that's what AR does really well and he's perfected the back shoulder throws. Attacking outside with a stable of perimeter players( Driver, Nelson, Jennings, Jones, Adams)  limits the INTs, spreads the field and gives your best WRs like Jordy the advantage of using the sideline to beat the CB. Takes the safety out of the play too

The Pats attack the middle of the field because they have Gronk. Its just apples and oranges. Bennett says the Packers offense isn't TE friendly, that makes sense too since the Packers haven't had a super-talented TE on the roster for the last 8 years running like the Pats have.

Rodgers also wants as much freedom as possible at the LOS, so the more structure you put in the offense, the more you are hindering what he wants to do pre-snap and after. Bennett isn't an authority on anything and both of the interviewers literally fed Bennett their Hot Takes so they'd have a good podcast

"we always take the players side in any debate" is what one of these mensa's proclaimed at the start. He's literally kissing Bennett's arse on the radio

and you bought it hook line and sinker.

At this point I will disregard anything Bennett says. He is not about the truth - he is about himself.

That being said, where there is smoke there is fire and multiple people have called out the Packers passing offense the last couple of years. I don't think it's a coincidence they are starting over from page 1. I also think it's no coincidence that MM has brought in many coaches from outside the organization instead of sticking to the promote from within concept. Rumors of coaches staying in their hotels because they are too busy at the office to find homes suggests that a healthy revamp is in progress with many former outside voices to participate

Edited by cannondale