National Championship Game | #4 Alabama vs #3 Georgia

WeaponX

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• #3 Georgia
    • #4 Alabama

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2018 at 01:30 AM

Just now, mission27 said:

Texas-SC is 100% still the greatest college football game of my lifetime tbh, maybe best sporting event period.

This is up there with last year though.  

Yep. And OU / Boise St is my #2. 

This was a great game but there are definitely others on par with it. 

Just now, jarren said:

The Dolphins not signing Brees completly changed the football world. They could have had Brees + Saban. 

Nick Saban would be the most hated man in Louisiana. He's already up there for leaving LSU, you add in the fact that he signs Brees who we could've had and goes on to have success there? 

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

Nick Saban would be the most hated man in Louisiana. He's already up there for leaving LSU, you add in the fact that he signs Brees who we could've had and goes on to have success there? 

In this alternate reality, you wouldn't know about Brees and the Saints.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Texas-SC is 100% still the greatest college football game of my lifetime tbh, maybe best sporting event period.

This is up there with last year though.  

Texas-SC will always have a special place up there for me. I just remember the build up to that game being unreal. It was also the first title game I was ever excited about. People were talking about that USC team as being an all time great team. Reggie Bush seemed invincible. 

And then Vince Young happened. 

I think this game was up there with the Texas-SC game but in a very different way. The build up wasn't as great. It was actually the surprise that made it great. No one expected Tua to show up and play this well. And no one expected Alabama to come back 13-0 with the way they looked against Hurts.

Just now, jrry32 said:

In this alternate reality, you wouldn't know about Brees and the Saints.

We knew we were going after him though. If we came in 2nd to the Dolphins/Saban and he still went on to have a ton of success then there would certainly be some animosity. 

Just now, Spartica4Real said:

This can't be the best game in history, the dynasty won. When the dynasty wins it has nowhere near the same impact. Same reason Super Bowl LI isn't the best. 

Texas-SC is 100% better. 

And it was also maybe the two best college teams of the 21st century, both undefeated, multiple Heisman winners, indisputably the two best teams in the country.  Most hyped game I can ever remember.  Don't think we are ever gonna see something quite that big that lives up to expectations. 

3 minutes ago, PAW said:

I doubt they win 3 straight championships and 4/5. 

I'm just a little scared because Alabama genuinely hasn't had a QB play this well and be this dynamic in all of Saban's tenure. 

We see great and dynamic QBs on average teams beat great-elite teams every once in a while on their own. 

Frightening that Alabama might actually have that great dynamic QB for 2 more years. 

But I also think you have a good point. Repeating is the hardest thing in sports. But if there's on coach I'd bet on pulling that off, it's Nick Saban. 

Saban has now made two huge decisions in championship games the last 3 years that probably no other coach would've made that have won him two rings. Onside kick vs Clemson when tied and benching Hurts. Such a legend. 

1 minute ago, NS922 said:

He's not anyway?

I'll say though, that I don't hate him. I don't hate greatness, I respect it.

I don't think he's the MOST hated. He's up there though. 

I don't hate him either, I can't fault a guy for going for the NFL, and then it not working out and coming back to college. It just sucks. It could've been us. 

Archived