Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

1 hour ago, freak_of_nature said:

It was OK. I switched to IF and long-term fasting. That's been going much better, and far less complicated and expensive. 

I just switched from IF lol. Kinda still do it though 6-7:30 are my non eating hours. I just thought I was losing a bit much. Hoping I can add some lean muscle mass by increasing protein intake but keeping calories lower

On 4/10/2018 at 8:26 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Charles Poliquin

Christian Thibaudeau

Paul Carter

John Rusin

Stan Efferding

Eddy Coan

Ben Pakulski

Malcolm Gwilliam

Joel Seedman has really cool variations of stuff

Mark Coles but he's more business side

Ben Bruno if you like the landmines

Fantastic list. I'll add a few to it.

Dante Trudell (DC Training) - love DC training, love his posts online. This is what I used to get the bulk of my size.

Chad Wesley Smith (Juggernaut Training system) - I've switched from bodybuilding to powerlifting, and Juggernaut Training: A Thoughtful Pursuit of Strength was fantastic and The Juggernaut Method 2.0 is my go to. Been running it for 6-7 months and love it.

Dave Tate - EliteFTS - ton of good articles, and his youtube is pretty good too

Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 - isn't my cup of tea, but good.

Mark Rippetoe - Starting Strength is a fantastic book to learn the big 3, textbookish, but still.

Dan Green is good if you're powerlifting

16 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Yes

Such a hard diet! Did it two or three times.  Did it with a gf at the same time and we almost killed each other!

Granted it's extremely short term so I understand why, but I'd rather take a little longer and not feel so deprived and drained.  Can't even workout hard during it.

11 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Going to my first yoga class this Thursday.

Tips for a noob? It's a beginner's class.

Not really tips. It s difficult for me at first. My balance was crap, though I did better than I thought in the flexibility department.

Honestly, it's hard not to like. And if you end in savasana, which I would suspect, it's absolutely fantastic. Can't even explain how good it feels after a good hour plus on yoga, particularly if you are doing a slightly more active yoga class like ashtanga/vinyasa flow

Oh, and I absolutely agree with @LETSGOBROWNIES...nothing that makes you gassy. Those movements kick things around in there lol

My body is so stiff, even when I was lean in high school. My hamstrings, especially.

I found an exercises where you step on a tennis ball at different spots of your feet to loosen up the hamstrings. I do it every 12 hours. I think it's starting to work because my hammies are getting sore-ish.

I only made it through the first half of the P90X yoga day

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, it's hard not to like. And if you end in savasana, which I would suspect, it's absolutely fantastic. Can't even explain how good it feels after a good hour plus on yoga, particularly if you are doing a slightly more active yoga class like ashtanga/vinyasa flow

It's a "hatha/vinyasa" type beginner class. I don't know what that means but the focus is on 'basic postures and breathing techniques and a few dynamic poses'.

I'll remember to skip the beans this week.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:21 AM, freak_of_nature said:

My body is so stiff, even when I was lean in high school. My hamstrings, especially.

I found an exercises where you step on a tennis ball at different spots of your feet to loosen up the hamstrings. I do it every 12 hours. I think it's starting to work because my hammies are getting sore-ish.

I only made it through the first half of the P90X yoga day

Feet and jaw muscles will help with hamstrings.

I've been doing a ton of soft tissue work on my clients, and myself, and the results are amazing.  Easily one of the most overlooked aspects of health and fitness, right behind sleep.

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Assuming typo. What would help along with feet? 

I know active release therapy has helped a number of people around me. Helps break scar tissue up.

ART is great. Where do you live? I can see if there are any Kinetic Chain Enhancement practitioners near you.

• Like 1