Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 4/3/2018 at 6:28 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, gaining weight is literally the easiest aspect of fitness for me.  It's not even hard to do it in a mostly healthy way.  Eat some sunflower seeds for a few minutes and then look at the calories you've just consumed.  You'll be amazed.  Spoiler alert: 818 calories in a cup of sunflower seeds. 

I see so many different calorie numbers regarding sunflower seeds, really not sure whats true.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:28 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, gaining weight is literally the easiest aspect of fitness for me.  It's not even hard to do it in a mostly healthy way.  Eat some sunflower seeds for a few minutes and then look at the calories you've just consumed.  You'll be amazed.  Spoiler alert: 818 calories in a cup of sunflower seeds. 

Prefer pumpkin seeds, but same thing for the most part. 

Also, want fat + protein with even fewer carbs? Hemp seeds. Dear god...calories are way up there (180 per 3 tbsp, 13 grams of fat, 11 grams of protein) and it's all fat and protein. Throw three tablespoons into some greek yogurt and boom, you're good. Also contains all amino acids, omega 3's (my understanding is more than tuna). I love hemp seeds. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:10 AM, freak_of_nature said:

I just finished my 14-day water + dry fast this morning.

I lost 30 lb exactly.

If you're overweight, do NOT be afraid to do this. Start with a 3-day fast first.

So after a couple weeks, how much weight did you regain once you started eating?

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So after a couple weeks, how much weight did you regain once you started eating?

I haven't weighed myself, but definitely under 10 lb. I've got 6 weight training sessions under my belt since, where I take a specialized dextrose/protein supplement, so my muscles are back to feeling heavy.

I'm going to begin another 2-week fast Monday, hopefully 9 days with water, then the last 5 dry.

1 minute ago, freak_of_nature said:

I haven't weighed myself, but definitely under 10 lb. I've got 6 weight training sessions under my belt since, where I take a specialized dextrose/protein supplement, so my muscles are back to feeling heavy.

I'm going to begin another 2-week fast Monday, hopefully 9 days with water, then the last 5 dry.

Good stuff, good luck.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, dtait93 said:

Thanks for the help. Why so much zinc, and is there an advantage of sweet potatoes over red potatoes? 

Your low zinc is causing estrogen dominance and chest fat and will help increase test.

Any potato is ok, color usually adds more nutrients.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Your low zinc is causing estrogen dominance and chest fat and will help increase test.

Any potato is ok, color usually adds more nutrients.

how much zinc do you take?

I can't imagine anyone in this thread is zinc deficient. mainly in meat.

14 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

how much zinc do you take?

I can't imagine anyone in this thread is zinc deficient. mainly in meat.

You'd be surprised.  Nutrients aren't as abundant in food as they used to be.

I have been taking 60-120 mg for the past 6 months, which is how long it takes to get RBC Zinc back up.  I'm due for a test.

All ya'll talkin bout gaining weight and I'm ova here havin the exact opposite problem...

But, for those of you lookin for a low cal snack, check out Miracle Noodles. They're a plant from some body of water in Asia. No cals, no carbs, etc. It's like a clear pasta, comes in all shapes and tastes like whatever you cook it in. I get a monthly package of em. Not as great as the real thing, but still good and filling without all the calories/carbs.