Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

Just now, The LBC said:

For what he got paid, it would have been a hard pass for me.  Denver gave him $5m AAV.

Only $6m guaranteed though form what I saw. That's essentially a two year deal that gives us time to address the position at a later date.

25 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

Only $6m guaranteed though form what I saw. That's essentially a two year deal that gives us time to address the position at a later date.

Still a massive overpayment for what he's actually bringing to the field.  

At this point, we need to be bringing in one 3-down LB before the draft - whether it's someone who can be the thumper and has enough athleticism to stay on the field on 3rd down without being a liability or whether it's someone who can play the BUCK role that we currently have Barron slotted in.  The way that free agency has shaken out so far, Davis just became increasingly less attractive to me.

Suh is going to get more than Miami was giving him I think. Because he was cut, he doesn't factor into the comp pick formula, meaning every team has no reason not to go for him.

Kinda bummed about Davis but he is limited to two downs. Was hoping he'd be a little more affordable. Derrick Johnson remains an interesting option for me.

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Still a massive overpayment for what he's actually bringing to the field.  

At this point, we need to be bringing in one 3-down LB before the draft - whether it's someone who can be the thumper and has enough athleticism to stay on the field on 3rd down without being a liability or whether it's someone who can play the BUCK role that we currently have Barron slotted in.  The way that free agency has shaken out so far, Davis just became increasingly less attractive to me.

*Whispers* Mychal Kendricks

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Is Cody Davis any good? 

You stay away from my sweet, baby Hawk!

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

We signed him. Was just wondering if he is more of a ST guy.

with the signings of Don Carey and Davis, looks like we are focusing on that side.

Great special teamer and a good backup FS. He will be missed.

2 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Bummed to hear the Jets gave Enunwa a 2nd round tender. Remain hopeful of Jeff Janis, Brice Butler, and Cam Meredith. Gotta get one of them!!

I wouldn't necessarily say "gotta."  There are a number of guys that can fill that Reynolds Insurance role than those who have been brought up: Dontrelle Inman, Mike Wallace, TJ Jones (though his shoulder injury history worries me a bit), Jaron Brown

Archived