Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

Bears are making Sammy Watkins a priority. I think his price could end up being more than we're willing to give.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/374196/report-sammy-watkins-is-bears-no-1-target?ls=roto:FA:topheadlines

Well Allen Robinson is signing with the Bears, so they might be out of the Sammy sweepstakes now!

I expect Josh Reynolds to fill his role. The money will likely go to Aaron Donald which is not exciting and not what we are accustomed to over the past few weeks, but needs to be done. Still holding out that we sign NRC and make an attempt at Dontari Poe or Suh.

Trading for Corey Coleman would be something to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, Car_Ramrod said:

16M a year for Watkins is absolutely shocking. Guess it really is all about the money. Glad we didn’t shell out that kind of money. 

Agreed. No hard feelings for me. He's simply not worth that to us.

Dude... if we gave Watkins a contract like that I would have burned this MFer to the ground.

I think what we saw out of him last year is exactly what the Chiefs are going to get. Mahomes is a developing prospect. WRs like Watkins are luxuries. You bring them in towards the end of a build if you can. After the QB has developed and is ready and able to take full advantage of the type of skill set Sammy has.

If this was a Megatron, I would say, “Maybe.” Because a Megatron type WR does a ton to help a developing QB keep the chains moving. But Watkins is not that type of WR.

and man... I never fall for sticker shock. But 16 million? For a WR? Named Sammy Watkins??? Nope.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Agreed. No hard feelings for me. He's simply not worth that to us.

I hope Reynolds can develop into a weapon and take a big step in year 2 across from Woods. I also want to see  McVay use the TE's more, especially Everett. If we can get him going in the middle of the field this offense will be very dangerous.

I also expect a very heavy draft of defensive players. Give old man Wade some more pieces to play with.

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

There goes Richardson. Looks like we're sticking with Reynolds.

I like Reynolds. I heard coming out that if he puts on more weight to his frame he can be a number one receiver. The Rams need to focus on other areas of immediate need. If they did want to go with another receiver, how about DJ Chark in the 3rd round?

Archived