Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Another random thought that could be a sneaky fit: Darren Sproles.

Philly's going to let him walk what with the sunk-cost recently into Ajayi and Clement.  I have to imagine McVay wants to deploy some form of a Chris Thompson in this offense and with Tavon almost assuredly on his way out, a returner spot is going to open up and Cooper wouldn't hurt from a kick in the butt following the playoff game.  Pop Sproles on a 2-year deal that gets him off the books the same time Gurley is up for his extension and we have someone that not only provides premier pass-blocking for Goff when he comes in, but doesn't allow teams to relax when Gurley comes off for a blow.

I get what you are thinking, but I also think Gurley wants it all. He wants to be that bell-cow back. And IF Sproles is worth using in the way you are suggesting, its going to take snaps away from Todd. There is a good balance, and maybe an older/wiser vet like Sproles would be ok with taking a very limited role, but anyone younger/hungrier than that probably wouldnt fit so well

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Another random thought that could be a sneaky fit: Darren Sproles.

Philly's going to let him walk what with the sunk-cost recently into Ajayi and Clement.  I have to imagine McVay wants to deploy some form of a Chris Thompson in this offense and with Tavon almost assuredly on his way out, a returner spot is going to open up and Cooper wouldn't hurt from a kick in the butt following the playoff game.  Pop Sproles on a 2-year deal that gets him off the books the same time Gurley is up for his extension and we have someone that not only provides premier pass-blocking for Goff when he comes in, but doesn't allow teams to relax when Gurley comes off for a blow.

We don't need a Chris Thompson. We have a Todd Gurley. That's something McVay didn't have in Washington. I agree that we should look for a #2 HB, but I'd do that in the Draft on Day 3. I like Sproles, but he'd have to be willing to sign cheap. I think he'll get better offers.

Granted it's TST that's encouraging it, but they're working on proliferation a subsection of the #MOBSQUAD for the secondary called the LAPD (Los Angeles Pass Defense).

@El ramster they're also soliciting graphic designers for the best logo (presumably they want to try and possibly market shirts - no idea if they're willing to offer a cut to the designer, but you could probably stick a watermark in there and demand some kind of compensation in order to turn over a file without the mark in it if they pick yours).

19 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Let's add Duke Johnson while were at it, since Barkley will be stupidly picked #1. Basically a better Chris Thompson.

While I think he'd be a great fit behind Gurley, if (and when) the Browns take Gurley, I bet they'd be more inclined to let Crowell go than Johnson 

19 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Let's add Duke Johnson while were at it, since Barkley will be stupidly picked #1. Basically a better Chris Thompson.

Duke played more and more Slot WR last year. Even if they’ve draft Saquan, Dukebisnlikelh still a major part of that offense

Archived