Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

3 minutes ago, RamRod said:

So the Ryan Grant deal to the Ravens isn't happening. Wonder if McVay has any interest in bringing him here?

Possible.  But he was always more Gruden's guy than Sean's.  And he's 28 and not exactly all that quick - basically he's a possession WR and we're kind of chock full of those guys and very good ones at that.

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

I'm not sure why we're after TEs in the first place. I think we should give Everett the chance to emerge.

Agreed. I've been saying it all offseason. I've seen a surprising amount of people projecting us to draft or sign a big name TE (this was before FA started obviously), saying it's a need of ours. I just don't get it. 

@jrry32 You check out the tape on the Memphis LB Genard Avery yet?  The guy is a damn heat-seeking missile that's eerily reminiscent of Danny Trevathan as a prospect.  Instincts are rock solid and when he flips the switch to react after reading it's nuts how quick he does it.  He's just twitchy as hell.  NDTScouting had a really good breakdown of him:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/tuls-memphis-lb-genard-avery-is-hidden-gem-of-2018-nfl-draft/

23 minutes ago, The LBC said:

@jrry32 You check out the tape on the Memphis LB Genard Avery yet?  The guy is a damn heat-seeking missile that's eerily reminiscent of Danny Trevathan as a prospect.  Instincts are rock solid and when he flips the switch to react after reading it's nuts how quick he does it.  He's just twitchy as hell.  NDTScouting had a really good breakdown of him:

https://www.ndtscouting.com/tuls-memphis-lb-genard-avery-is-hidden-gem-of-2018-nfl-draft/

Nope. He's on my list after seeing his production and what he did at the Combine.

1 hour ago, chris00cm said:

Everett seems to be used as a move guy more than anything. A better inline guy wouldn't be a bad idea. I wouldn't hate Gesicki in the first round.

I read that we met with the Central Michigan TE (I forget his name) at the Combine.  He's had some injury concerns in the past and needs to improve his catch-consistency, but his blocking is reminiscent of Hunter Henry's coming out (just absolutely picture-perfect hand placement and hip-firing to establish leverage) and his wingspan is really nice.

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

I read that we met with the Central Michigan TE (I forget his name) at the Combine.  He's had some injury concerns in the past and needs to improve his catch-consistency, but his blocking is reminiscent of Hunter Henry's coming out (just absolutely picture-perfect hand placement and hip-firing to establish leverage) and his wingspan is really nice.

Don't know about him but saw this.

12 hours ago, RamRod said:

So the Ryan Grant deal to the Ravens isn't happening. Wonder if McVay has any interest in bringing him here?

That had to be the worst Free Agent move I've ever seen, based upon the figures that were reported.

Archived