Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

Not that anyone doesn't know about OBJ's antics anyway, but me being someone who lives in NY, I see the crap he pulls week in and week out up close. He's the biggest diva in the league, a cry baby, attention seeking drama queen who thinks he's untouchable. He's a tremendous talent--no doubting that. But this guy is beyond a headache. Just watch the recent interview with John Mara. The guy already sounds fed up with dealing with him. He's a distraction on the field and off of it too. Combine all of that with the fact that there's no way we'd be able to afford him long term in addition to all of our own priority guys (assuming we get Suh, which I firmly believe we do at this point). 

Big pass from me for OBJ. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not sure Ive read a more made up sounding line in quite some time.

An executive from Los Angeles made a ubiquitous gesture at an Orlando hotel.  And somehow that means that the franchise the executive works for definitely entered serious trade talks.

I think I might be more willing to put my faith in the Nigerian prince.

6 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Not that anyone doesn't know about OBJ's antics anyway, but me being someone who lives in NY, I see the crap he pulls week in and week out up close. He's the biggest diva in the league, a cry baby, attention seeking drama queen who thinks he's untouchable. He's a tremendous talent--no doubting that. But this guy is beyond a headache. Just watch the recent interview with John Mara. The guy already sounds fed up with dealing with him. He's a distraction on the field and off of it too. Combine all of that with the fact that there's no way we'd be able to afford him long term in addition to all of our own priority guys (assuming we get Suh, which I firmly believe we do at this point). 

Big pass from me for OBJ. 

Call me crazy, but I think his type of personality is one that would be more damaging to our locker room than any of Talib's, Peters', or even Suh's.

I read about the Rams reported interested in Odell Beckham Jr.  That would be a lot of young elite talent to pay over the next couple years, but I suppose if you guys could get him for a good deal then why not.  Obviously players of his caliber will never get fair market value.  I'm not really concerned with his personality.  Outside of the Josh Norman stuff, I don't really think he's done anything really bad (he's not a drug offender, no domestic violence or other run-ins with the law that I'm aware of).

The only downside to adding Beckham Jr. outside of paying him a massive amount of money is this might make Sean McVay want to throw the football even more haha instead of pounding Gurley like he should have been doing against the Eagles and in the playoff game vs the Falcons.

Just now, showtime said:

I read about the Rams reported interested in Odell Beckham Jr.  That would be a lot of young elite talent to pay over the next couple years, but I suppose if you guys could get him for a good deal then why not.  Obviously players of his caliber will never get fair market value.  I'm not really concerned with his personality.  Outside of the Josh Norman stuff, I don't really think he's done anything really bad (he's not a drug offender, no domestic violence or other run-ins with the law that I'm aware of).

The only downside to adding Beckham Jr. outside of paying him a massive amount of money is this might make Sean McVay want to throw the football even more haha instead of pounding Gurley like he should have been doing against the Eagles and in the playoff game vs the Falcons.

Until I see something from someone other than Pat Leonard on this (or someone who isn't citing Pat Leonard, as I'm sure a number of blogs will probably pick this up and run with it), I'm not putting any credibility in the report.  Leonard has been trying to push a "OBJ could be/is the next to be traded" narrative since JPP was traded.  His articles (I just went through and read about 5 recent ones) notoriously reference people saying something but they're always "a former NFL executive" (no name listed) and with no actual quote (just his summation of what they said) and jump to massive conclusions off of very little evidence.  It's tabloid sports journalism akin to a lot of the English newspapers reporting on European football or PFT before they actually became attached to a serious journalism arm (NBC Sports).

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Until I see something from someone other than Pat Leonard on this (or someone who isn't citing Pat Leonard, as I'm sure a number of blogs will probably pick this up and run with it), I'm not putting any credibility in the report.  Leonard has been trying to push a "OBJ could be/is the next to be traded" narrative since JPP was traded.  His articles (I just went through and read about 5 recent ones) notoriously reference people saying something but they're always "a former NFL executive" (no name listed) and with no actual quote (just his summation of what they said) and jump to massive conclusions off of very little evidence.  It's tabloid sports journalism akin to a lot of the English newspapers reporting on European football or PFT before they actually became attached to a serious journalism arm (NBC Sports).

I saw the headline pop up on my phone from the app The Score.  After reading your post, I went back and looked at it again and it was the report from Pat Leonard.  Just as you said haha

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I am torn. He's an elite talent, but the lack of draft picks could bite us in the butt like it has Seattle.

There's too many unknowns as well. I don't wanna give up draft picks and then have him walk in a year or so. Not worth gutting this young team financially for a elite talent that's a locker room cancer.

Archived